REVISION DEL GENERO JARILLA RUSBY (CARICACEAE)
- CARICA. Eggli, U. // Illustrated Handbook of Succulent Plants: Dicotyledons;2004, p64
The article presents information on carica. The characteristics and growth of this succulent plant are described. It enumerates the species of the plant, as well as its genera. Moreover, its distribution and cultivation are mentioned.
- COMPARATIVE STUDY ON THE EFFECT OF DIFFERENT SOLVENT EXTRACTS OF CALOTROPIS GIGANTEA AND CARICA PAPAYA LATEX AGAINST NEW BACTERIAL ISOLATES - AN IN VITRO STUDY. KHUSRO A.; AARTI C.; PREETAMRAJ J. P.; PANICKER, S. G. // International Journal of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences;2014 Supplement 2, p874
Objective: To evaluate the comparative preliminary study on antibacterial activity of different solvent extracts of Calotropis gigantea and Carica papaya latex against two new strains of Bacillus licheniformis isolated from poultry farm which may cause Septicemia. Methods: Antibacterial effects...
- FECUNDITY AND MATING PROPENSITY OF TOXOTRYPANA CURVICAUDA (DIPTERA:TEPHRITIDAE) ON AN ALTERNATIVE HOST, JACARATIA MEXICANA (CARICACEAE). Jiménez-Pérez, Alfredo; Villa-Ayala, Patricia // Florida Entomologist;2009, Vol. 92 Issue 2, p350
Adult reproductive biology, including fecundity and mating propensity, may be affected by larval host for insects such as the papaya fruit fly, Toxotrypana curvicauda that do not require protein to produce eggs. Although the reproductive biology of papaya fruit flies that were reared on papaya...
- Caricaceae. Eggli, U. // Illustrated Handbook of Succulent Plants: Dicotyledons;2004, p64
The article provides information on caricaceae. The characteristics and growth of this succulent plant are described. It features the species of the plant, as well as its genera. Moreover, its distribution and cultivation are mentioned.
- A NEW SPECIES OF BENT-TOED GECKO CYRTODACTYLUS GRAY, 1827, (SQUAMATA: GEKKONIDAE) FROM THE ISLAND OF SULAWESI, INDONESIA. Hayden, Christopher J.; Brown, Rafe M.; Gillespie, Graeme; Setiadi, M. Iqbal; Linkem, Charles W.; Iskandar, Djoko T.; Umilaela; Bickford, David P.; Riyanto, Awal; Mumpuni; McGuire, Jimmy A. // Herpetologica;Mar2008, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p109
A new species of Cyrtodactylus is described from Sulawesi and the adjacent island of Kabaena, Indonesia. This new species is the largest Cyrtodactylus known from Sulawesi and differs from all other congeners by the absence of precloacal and femoral pores, enlarged femoral scales or pubic groove;...
- New data on the distribution of stenothoid amphipods (Crustacea) from Scotia Arc, West Antarctic. Jażdżewska, Anna; Krapp-Schickel, Traudl // Polish Polar Research;2011, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p293
The article discusses a study on the distribution of stenothoid amphipods (Crustacea) in Scotia Arc, West Antarctic. Twenty species, two of which are reported for the first time in the West Antarctic and two species are recorded for the first time since their description, were recorded by the...
- LOS MYXOMYCETES CITADOS DE MEXICO. Ogata, Nisao; Nestel, David; Rico-Gray, Victor; Guzman, Gaston // Acta Botanica Mexicana;1994, Issue 27, p39
A list of the species and varieties of Myxomycetes reported as occurring in Mexico is presented. The list is based on 34 references published between 1892-1992 and yields a total of 187 species and two varieties, which represent 37.4% of the world's taxa. The majority of these studies are...
- PACHYPHYTUM BREVIFOLIUM ROSE (CRASSULACEAE) A UN SIGLO DE SU DESCUBRIMIENTO Y PACHYPHYTUM GARCIAE, UNA ESPECIE NUEVA DEL CENTRO DE MEXICO. Perez-Calix, Emmanuel; Glass, Charles // Acta Botanica Mexicana;1999, Issue 48, p1
Two localities for Pachyphytum brevifolium from the state of Guanajuato are reported. This species had not been found since its discovery by Alfred A. D. Dugï¿½s in 1898. A description of the collected plants is presented and their relationship with other species of the genus is discussed....
- A CONSPECTUS OF MEXICAN MELANTHIACEAE INCLUDING A DESCRIPTION OF NEW TAXA OF SCHOENOCAULON AND ZIGADENUS. Frame, Dawn; Espejo, Adolfo; Lopez-Ferrari, Ana Rosa // Acta Botanica Mexicana;1999, Issue 48, p27
Seven new taxa of Schoenocaulon and one more of Zigadenus from Mexico are herein described. In addition, a brief description of the Mexican genera of Melanthiaceae and a key to genera and species known from Mexico are given.