MORFOLOGIA DE LOS GRANOS DE POLEN DE LAS FAMILIAS ACERACEAE, AQUIFOLIACEAE, GERANIACEAE, RESEDACEAE, SABIACEAE Y SAXIFRAGACEAE DEL VALLE DE MEXICO1
- Holly with a Green Conscience. Hall, Carol // Gardens West;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p32
The article provides information on the English holly plant species, a traditional variety used as a symbol of Christmas. The plant is popular in the western part of Washington and Oregon and in North America. It is associated with Christmas because of its practicality and appearance. It is...
- Ilex xkoehneana. Cannon, Bill // Horticulture;Dec2004, Vol. 101 Issue 6, pA7
Features holly hybrid Ilex koehneanas. Physical description of koehneanas; Reason koehneana has been compared with the southern magnolia, M. grandiflora; Information on the 11 recognized cultivars in the koehneana family.
- Hollies--A Personal Journey. Bubelis, Walt // Washington Park Arboretum Bulletin;Fall2005, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p9
Presents information on varieties of holly. Form of Ilex aquifolium; Cultivars of Ilex crenata; Origin of the name of Ilex vomitoria.
- The 2004 Urban Tree of the Year. // Arbor Age;Jan2004, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p14
Presents information on the Autumn BlazeÂ® maple, the 2004 Urban Tree of the Year presented by the Society of Municipal Aborists in the U.S. Developer of the tree; Characteristics of the tree; Comparison of the cultivar with rubrum maples.
- Regional Bonsai Care. Hawley, Doug; McCormack, Tom // Bonsai Journal;Summer2008, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p5
The article offers tips on caring for bonsai maples. Trident maples as bonsai thrive on techniques to increase dense ramification, including those that can stress other trees, such as defoliation and early-opening bud pinching. Most Japanese maple varieties are much less responsive to vigorous...
- POLLEN MORPHOLOGY AND TOTAL PROTEIN ANALYSES IN SOME SPECIES OF SALICACEAE AND ACERACEAE FAMILIES IN TURKEY. Pehlivan, Sevil; Özler, Hülya; Bayrak, Filiz // Mellifera;2003, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p51
This study gives the pollen morphologies of such tree species in Turkey as Salix babylonica L., Populus thevestina Dode (Salicaceae), Acer negando L., and Acer platanoides L. (Aceraceae) as examined by using Light microscope (LM). Salix babylonica pollen is tricolpate, prolate-spheroidal, and...
- Palynological Study on the Pollen Grains of Selected Turkish Grape (Vitis vinifera L.) Cultivars. Marasali, Birhan; Pinar, M�nevver; B�y�kkartal, Nurham // Turkish Journal of Agriculture & Forestry;2005, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p75
The pollen morphology and ultrastructure of selected Turkish indigenous grape cultivars and newly released hybrid varieties were examined by light microscopy and scanning electron microscopy. The pollen differed in some microstructural parameters. The size of the pollen grains ranged from 19.0 x...
- The role of S1-g allele from Oryza glaberrima in improving interspecific hybrid sterility between O. saliva and O. glaberrima. Xianneng Deng; Jiawu Zhou; Peng Xu; Jing Li; Fengyi Hu; Dayun Tao // Breeding Science;Dec2010, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p342
The HYBRID STERILITY 1 gene allele from Oryza glaberrima (S1-g) frequently causes sterility in F1 hybrids with O. saliva allele S1-a. We tested the hypothesis that O. saliva lines homozygous for the O. glaberrima sterile gene alleles would be more compatible with O. glaberrima than similar lines...
- RECEPTIVITE FLORALE ET PROBLEME DE CONTAMINATION PAR LES POLLENS ETRANGERS CHEZ LE PALMIER DATTIER. BABAHANI, S.; BOUGUEDOURA, N. // Revue des Bioressources;dec2013, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p58
The essay conducted in the area of Ouargla, for three crop years and two cultivars: Ghars and Deglet Nour, on floral receptivity has shown that each cultivar has its own period of receptivity. For the cultivar Ghars, pollination must occur no later than the eighth day of the spathe opening. In...