NOTA SOBRE EL ELEMENTO AFRICANO EN LA FLORA ADVENTICIA DE MEXICO
- Bamboo Basics. Gretton, Bob // Bamboo: The Magazine of the American Bamboo Society;Feb2013, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p14
The article focuses on the procedures in distinguishing between running and clumping bamboos. It cites the different species of the clump forming habit, the scrambling and climbing habit, and the single stemmed. It also explores the differing forms of rhizome structure which are typical of...
- NOVEDADES TAXONÃ“MICAS Y SINOPSIS DEL GÃ‰NERO DIGITARIA (POACEAE: PANICOIDEAE: PANICEAE) EN BOLIVIA. Vega, Andrea S.; Rúgolo De Agrasar, Zulma E. // Darwiniana;2002, Vol. 40 Issue 1-4, p171
The genus Digitaria is represented in Bolivia by 27 taxa: 22 species and 5 varieties. Digitaria argillacea var. nulliseta A. S. Vega & RÃºgolo var. nov. is described and illustrated. Digitaria catamarcensis, D. ternata, D. setigera and D. aequiglumis var. laetevirens are reported for the first...
- UNA NUEVA ESPECIE DE PASPALUM (POACEAE, PANICEAE) PARA LA ARGENTINA. Sulekic, Antenor A. // Darwiniana;jul2006, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p127
Paspalum gracielae sp. nov. (Poaceae, Paniceae), from Argentina (Salta Province), is described and illustrated. This new species belongs to the subgenus Ceresia, and is related to P. ceresia. A key to the argentinean species of this subgenus is included.
- LA FLORA DE LAS BARRANCAS DEL COBRE, CHIHUAHUA, MÃ‰XICO. Lebgue, Toutcha; Sosa, Manuel; Soto, Ricardo // Ecologia Aplicada;2005, Vol. 4 Issue 1/2, p17
Copper Canyon is a zone of deep geologic depressions within the Sierra Madre Occidental region. Its physical and biological features have singled it worldwide. The objective of this study was to obtain taxonomic information on the plant species. The study site has an area of 126 653 hectares,...
- Types of Gramineae conserved in Gaspar XuÃ¡rez herbarium, Buenos Aires (BAA) proceeding from Berlin (B). Nicora, Elisa G.; Rúgolo De Agrasar, Zulma E. // Darwiniana;1998, Vol. 35, p163
An inventory of the types of Gramineae wich originally came from Berlin herbarium (B) and kept in the Gaspar XuÃ¡rez herbarium (BAA), has been made. A total of 310 types (fragments of holotypes, isotypes and isosyntypes) which belong to South American taxa, were analyzed. The types have been...
- Appendix 3: List of Santa Ana River Species. // Flora of the Santa Ana River & Environs with References to World;2007, p443
A variety of plant species in the Santa Ana River Watershed in California that appeared January 2007 issue of the book "Flora of the Santa Ana River & Environs: With References to World Botany" is presented.
- New and interesting plants. // Garden;Oct2012, Vol. 137 Issue 10, p10
The article features four new plant species including the Rosa Glyndebourne or "Harpulse," the Salvia "African Sky," the Parthenocissus Red Wall or "Troki," and the Rhododendron Metallica or "Hachmann's Metallica."
- NEW PLANT TAXA FROM COLORADO, NEW MEXICO, AND ARIZONA. Duane Atwood, N.; Welsh, Stanley L. // Western North American Naturalist;May2013, Vol. 73 Issue 1, p113
Descriptions of previously undescribed taxa are provided for plant taxa from Colorado (Phacelia), New Mexico (Phacelia; Mentzelia), and Arizona (Xylorhiza).
- ancestor:. Schlegel, Rolf H. J. // Encyclopedic Dictionary of Plant Breeding & Related Subjects;2003, p30
A definition of the term "ancestor," is presented, which refers to the form or stock from which an organism has descended or the actual or assumed earlier type from which a species or other taxon evolved.
- Correction: Why Some Plant Species Are Rare. // PLoS ONE;Oct2014, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p1
No abstract available.