DOS ESPECIES NUEVAS DE ACOURTIA (COMPOSITAE, MUTISIEAE) DEL ESTADO DE QUERETARO (MEXICO)
- Red River Gorge, Kentucky. Mohlenbrock, Robert H. // Natural History;Sep86, Vol. 95 Issue 9, p68
Focuses on Kentucky's Red River Gorge. Number of stone arches in the area; Climate of the gorge 300 million years ago; Creation of sedimentary rock; Formation of arches.
- Kisatchie Hills, Louisiana. Mohlenbrock, Robert H. // Natural History;Feb89, Vol. 98 Issue 2, p30
Describes the unique topography and unusual habitats found in the Kisatchie Wold of the Kisatchie National Forest in northern Louisiana. Soil from lands to the north of Louisiana which was carried southward depositing successive layers of sediment; Deposits which are hundreds to thousands of...
- DESCRIPTIONS OF SOME TEXAS ROCKS AND MINERALS: SHALE. // Texas Rocks & Minerals: An Amateur's Guide;1964, p88
The article offers a description of shale that can be found in Texas. Shale is a sedimentary rock formed by the deposition of successive layers of clay and mud particles. It has a smooth appearance because it is so fine grained. It is fairly abundant across the state, especially Mississippian,...
- SEDIMENTOLOGY: HISTORY IN JAPAN. Okada, Hakuya // Encyclopedia of Sediments & Sedimentary Rocks;2003, p635
Presents an overview of the history of the development of sedimentology in Japan. Stages in which the history of the development of sedimentology in the country can be divided; Establishment of modern science and technology in Japan; Growth and popularity of the new discipline of sedimentology;...
- A Regional Scale 3-D Model of the Witbank Coalfield, Northern Karoo Basin, South Africa. Grodner, Mark; Cairncross, Bruce // South African Journal of Geology;Dec2003, Vol. 106 Issue 4, p249
Geological studies of the sedimentary strata of the Witbank Coalfield form a spectrum of increasingly detailed and sophisticated models as more information has become available. This study establishes a regional, three-dimensional sedimentological model of the clastic strata of the Vryheid...
- COLORS OF SEDIMENTARY ROCKS. Myrow, Paul // Encyclopedia of Sediments & Sedimentary Rocks;2003, p159
Presents information on the colors of sedimentary rocks. Factors that influenced the colors of sedimentary rocks; Minerals that produce various coloration in sedimentary rocks.
- FLAME STRUCTURE. Middleton, Gerard V. // Encyclopedia of Sediments & Sedimentary Rocks;2003, p281
Presents information on flame structures. Definition of the term; Factors contributing to the formation of flame structures; Composition of flame structures.
- MÃ‰LANGE; MELANGE. Waldron, John W. F. // Encyclopedia of Sediments & Sedimentary Rocks;2003, p434
Presents information on mÃ©lange, spelled melange in the English language. Definitions of mÃ©lange; Categories of the proposed origins of mÃ©lange; Features and origins of blocks.
- PARTING LINEATIONS AND CURRENT CRESCENTS. Cheel, Rick // Encyclopedia of Sediments & Sedimentary Rocks;2003, p512
Presents information on parting lineations and current crescents. Uses of parting lineations and current crescents structures; Components of parting lineations; Factors which affect the size of current cresents.