UNA NUEVA ESPECIE DE TRIDAX(COMPOSITAE-HELIANTHEAE) DE DURANGO, MEXICO
- Habitat displacement effect between two competing owl species in fragmented forests. Kajtoch, Łukasz; Żmihorski, Michał; Wieczorek, Paweł // Population Ecology;Jul2015, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p517
Many owl species use the same nesting and food resources, which causes strong interspecific competition and spatio-temporal niche separation. We made use of a recent colonisation of Ural Owls ( Strix uralensis) in southern Poland to compare habitat preferences of Tawny Owls ( Strix aluco)...
- Spatial spread of an alien tree species in a heterogeneous forest landscape: a spatially realistic simulation model. Sebert-Cuvillier, Emmanuelle; Simon-Goyheneche, Valérie; Paccaut, Frédéric; Chabrerie, Olivier; Goubet, Olivier; Decocq, Guillaume // Landscape Ecology;Oct2008, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p787
The effect of environmental heterogeneity on spatial spread of invasive species has received little attention in the literature. Altering landscape heterogeneity may be a suitable strategy to control invaders in man-made landscapes. We use a population-based, spatially realistic matrix model to...
- LEPIDOLOGICAL REVIEW ON THE FISH FAUNA OF THE KUCLï¿½N LOCALITY (UPPER EOCENE, CZECH REPUBLIC). PRikryl, Tom�� // Acta Musei Nationalis Pragae, Series B - Historia Naturalis;Dec2011, Vol. 67 Issue 3/4, p149
The review of the four different types of the scales at the Kuclï¿½n locality is presented. Each type represents one species, i.e. Cyclurus macrocephalus, Thaumaturus furcatus, Properca prisca, and Morone sp. Detail description and systematic position of each type is briefly discussed.
- speÂ·ciÂ·aÂ·tion. // American Heritage Student Science Dictionary;2009, p320
A definition of the term "speciation" is presented. It refers to the formation of new biological species by the development or branching of one species into two or more genetically distinct ones.
- subÂ·speÂ·cies. // American Heritage Student Science Dictionary;2009, p330
A definition of the term "subspecies" is presented. It refers to a subdivision of a species of organisms, which is usually based on geographic distribution.
- Pareiorhina brachyrhyncha (Loricariidae: Siluriformes): a New Species of Fish from the ParaÃba do Sul Slope of Serra da Mantiqueira, Southeastern Brazil. Chamon, Carine C.; Aranda, Arion T.; Buckup, Paulo A.; Armbruster, J. W. // Copeia;2005, Vol. 2005 Issue 3, p550
A new species of Pareiorhina is described from the RibeirÃ£o Grande and adjacent drainages, in the left bank of the Rio ParaÃba do Sul basin, in SÃ£o Paulo State, southeastern Brazil. Pareiorhina brachyrhyncha is uniquely diagnosed among its congeners by the reduction or absence of...
- Anopheline Larval Habitats Seasonality and Species Distribution: A Prerequisite for Effective Targeted Larval Habitats Control Programmes. Kweka, Eliningaya J.; Zhou, Guofa; Munga, Stephen; Lee, Ming-Chieh; Atieli, Harrysone E.; Nyindo, Mramba; Githeko, Andrew K.; Yan, Guiyun // PLoS ONE;Dec2012, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p1
Background: Larval control is of paramount importance in the reduction of malaria vector abundance and subsequent disease transmission reduction. Understanding larval habitat succession and its ecology in different land use managements and cropping systems can give an insight for effective...
- Genome sequence of the pink to light reddish-pigmented Rubellimicrobium mesophilum type strain (DSM 19309), a representative of the Roseobacter group isolated from soil, and emended description of the species. Riedel, Thomas; Spring, Stefan; Fiebig, Anne; Petersen, Jörn; Göker, Markus; Klenk, Hans-Peter // Standards in Genomic Sciences;Nov2014, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p902
Rubellimicrobium mesophilum Dastager et al. 2008 is a mesophilic and light reddish-pigmented representative of the Roseobacter group within the alphaproteobacterial family Rhodobacteraceae. Representatives of the Roseobacter group play an important role in the marine biogeochemical cycles and...
- sp. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary;2005, p2030
A definition of the term "sp" is presented. It refers to species.