DISTRIBUCION Y ESTRUCTURA DE LA POBLACION DE ABIES REUGIOSA (H.B.K.) SCHL ET CHAM., EN EL COFRE DE PEROTE, ESTADO DE VERACRUZ, MEXICO
- Forum members. // Forestry & British Timber;Jun2004, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p4
Reports on Forestry Commission Scotland's search for people with an interest in all aspects of forestry to serve on its regional forest forums.
- The Forest for the Trees. Leahy, Stephen // Natural Life;Jan/Feb2004, Issue 95, p10
Discusses the emergence of sustainable community forests in developing countries. International trade of wood and deforestation rates since the 1960's; Accreditation of wood products coming from sustainable forests; Consumer demand for accredited wood products.
- UKWAS updated. // Forestry & British Timber;Jun2004, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p7
Reports on the revision of the UK Woodland Assurance Standard. Consultation made concerning the document.
- COMMERCIALISATION OF NON-WOOD FOREST PRODUCTS ON THE TERRITORY OF AP VOJVODINA. Keča, Ljiljana; Marčeta, Milica; Bogojević, Milivoj // Bulletin of the Faculty of Forestry / Glasnik Sumarskog fakultet;2012, Vol. 105, p99
In the previous utilisation of natural resources in forestry as an economic activity, timber exploitation was always the dominant part, and the utilisation of other forest products was partly neglected. Nowadays, non-wood forest products (NWFPs) occupy an increasingly significant position in the...
- The Scope for Reducing Emissions from Forestry and Agriculture in the Brazilian Amazon. Börner, Jan; Wunder, Sven // Forests (19994907);Sep2012, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p546
Reducing emissions from agriculture, forestry, and other land uses is considered an essential ingredient of an effective strategy to mitigate global warming. Required changes in land use and forestry, however, often imply foregoing returns from locally more attractive resource use strategies. We...
- Beneath the Beeches. Stanley, Michael E. // J@pan Inc.;May2004, Issue 55, p36
Provides information on the beech forests in Japan. Reason for the decline of forest environment in the country; Animals that inhabit beech forests; Effect of the decline of forests on animals.
- Life on the Forest Floor. // Scholastic News -- Edition 1;Oct2005, Vol. 62 Issue 2, Special Section p1
Features the forest floor.
- The need for FSC CERTIFICATION. Robertson, Richard // Forestry & British Timber;Apr2005, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p18
Discusses the benefits and potential for Forest Service Centenary certification of forestry in Great Britain. Improvements for small woodlands; Global contribution of certification in Europe; Progress in other regions.
- The Riparian Alder Forests of the Sopron Hills. Szmorad, Ferenc // Acta Silvatica et Lignaria Hungarica;2011, Vol. 7, p109
The present study demonstrates the classification of the riparian alder forests of the Alpokalja region through the analysis of their stands in the Sopron Hills. Besides the historical, ecological and floristic data collection, the differentiation of these forests was examined using 36...