NOTAS SOBRE EL GENERO GYROCARPUS (HERNANDIACEAE) EN MEXICO; UN NOMBRE NUEVO: GYROCARPUS MOCINNOI ESPEJO
- pheÂ·nolÂ·oÂ·gy. // American Heritage Student Science Dictionary;2009, p261
The article presents an encyclopedia definition for the term "phenology," which refers to the scientific study of cyclical biological events in relation to climatic conditions.
- Erratum to: A comparison of methods to estimate seasonal phenological development from BBCH scale recording. Cornelius, Christine; Petermeier, Hannes; Estrella, Nicole; Menzel, Annette // International Journal of Biometeorology;Sep2014, Vol. 58 Issue 7, p1707
A correction to the article "A comparison of methods to estimate seasonal phenological development from BBCH scale recording" that was published in the June 20, 2014 issue is presented.
- Cambial phenology, wood formation and temperature thresholds in two contrasting years at high altitude in southern Italy. DESLAURIERS, ANNIE; ROSSI, SERGIO; ANFODILLO, TOMMASO; SARACINO, ANTONIO // Tree Physiology;Jun2008, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p863
Xylogenesis was monitored during 2003 and 2004 in a timberline environment in southern Italy to assess links between temperature, cambial phenology and wood formation on a short-time scale. Wood microcores were collected weekly from May to October from 10 trees of Pinus leucodermis Ant.,...
- THE LOST ART OF PHENOLOGY. Drew, Larry // Harrowsmith Country Life (11908416);Aug2002, Vol. 26 Issue 165, p24
Presents information on phenology, the ancient study of seasonal patterns and the cycles of nature. Importance of a knowledge of phenology during ancient times before reading, writing and calendars; Examples of phenology; Web sites which provide information on phenology.
- Synchronous Pulsed Flowering: Analysis of the Flowering Phenology in Juncus (Juncaceae). Stefan G. Michalski; Walter Durka // Annals of Botany;Nov2007, Vol. 100 Issue 6, p1271
: Background and Aims The timing of flowering within and among individuals is of fundamental biological importance because of its influence on total seed production and, ultimately, fitness. Traditional descriptive parameters of flowering phenology focus on onset and duration of flowering and on...
- Weak trends in ice phenology of Estonian large lakes despite significant warming trends. Nõges, Peeter; Nõges, Tiina // Hydrobiologia;Jun2014, Vol. 731 Issue 1, p5
We studied changes in air temperature (AT) in Tartu, Estonia, since 1866; ice phenology in two Estonian large lakes since the 1920s; and daily surface water temperatures (SWT) in these lakes since the 1940s. The Mann-Kendall test showed increasing AT trends in all seasons with biggest changes in...
- STUDY ON THE PHENOLOGICAL STAGES OF SWEET BASIL AND THEIR DURATION IN THE REGION OF PLOVDIV. Ivanov, Veselin; Yanchev, Ivan; Angelov, Ludmil; Stalev, Boyan // Agricultural Sciences / Agrarni Nauki;2014, Vol. 6 Issue 16, p11
The aim of the study was to establish the beginning date and the duration of each phenological stage of two cultivars of sweet basil, grown as a post-harvest crop in the region of Plovdiv. The study was carried out in the period 2007-2009 in the experimental fields of the Agricultural University...
- Identifying global synchronies in marine zooplankton populations: issues and opportunities Perry, R. Ian; Batchelder, Harold P.; Mackas, David L.; Chiba, Sanae; Durbin, Edward; Greve, Wulf; Verheye, Hans M. // ICES Journal of Marine Science / Journal du Conseil;Jun2004, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p445
Analyses of the influences of climate variability on local zooplankton populations and those within ocean basins are relatively recent (past 5â€“10 years). What is lacking are comparisons of zooplankton population variability among the world''s oceans, in contrast to such global comparisons...
- Flowering phenology and compensation for herbivory in Ipomopsis aggregata. Freeman, Rachael S.; Brody, Alison K.; Neefus, Christopher D. // Oecologia;Aug2003, Vol. 136 Issue 3, p394
The mechanisms and circumstances that affect a plant's ability to tolerate herbivory are subjects of ongoing interest and investigation. Phenological differences, and the timing of flowering with respect to pollinators and pre-dispersal seed predators, may provide one mechanism underlying...