MAIANTHEMUM MEXICANUM (LILIACEAE) UNA NUEVA ESPECIE DE DURANGO, MEXICO
- Geophila erythrocarpa (Rubiaceae), a new species from d.r.congo and Zambia. // Blumea;2011, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p149
The article describes the plant species Geophila erythrocarpa from D.R. Congo and Zambia. This species is limited to dry, dense forests. It is similar to G. obvallata from which it differs in having red instead of blue or black fruits. G. erythrocarpa also shares the red-colored fruits with G....
- Reproduction and growth of the chaparral geophyte, Zigadenus fremontii (Liliaceae), in relation to fire. Tyler, Claudia; Borchert, Mark // Plant Ecology;Mar2003, Vol. 165 Issue 1, p11
Zigadenus fremontii is often a striking component of the flora following fire in the chaparral. Like other geophytes, it produces large numbers of flowers in the first spring after a burn. Although these plants are most conspicuous in the early postfire environment, the question that remains is,...
- Blossoms of Ice. Means, D. Bruce // Natural History;Feb2004, Vol. 113 Issue 1, p36
Features ice flowers or frost flowers which can be seen on the forest floor during winter. Information on how ice flowers are formed; Related plants that bear ice flowers; Seasons when ice flowers are most common.
- golden cascades. valder, peter // Burke's Backyard;Sep2011, p32
The article offers information on Laburnums, which are small deciduous trees, which are about 8 meter tall and have yellow pea-shaped flowers. It is reported that, there are two species of Laburnum, which are, L. anagyroides and L. alpinum, and they are native to woodlands in the mountains of...
- High-temperature tolerance by the endangered Mexican Mayflower orchid, Laelia speciosa. Gudiño, Whaleeha; Ávila-Díaz, Irene; Oyama, Ken; De la Barrera, Erick // Tropical Conservation Science;2015, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p983
The Mayflower orchid, Laelia speciosa, is an endangered orchid endemic to oak forests of central Mexico. Because of extractive pressure on remaining natural populations, in vitro propagation has been proposed as an alternative for the massive propagation of this plant for conservation and...
- SOLANUM GUAMUCHILENSE SP. NOV. (SOLANACEAE, SOLANEAE) DEL ESTADO DE NAYARIT, MEXICO. Castillo-Campos, Gonzalo // Acta Botanica Mexicana;1994, Issue 27, p33
A description is given of Solanum guamuchilense Castillo-Campos, a woody vine. This plant was discovered in the semi-evergreen seasonal forest of the town of GuamÃºchil, Vallejo mountain range, BahÃa de Banderas region of the state of Nayarit, MÃ©xico. It is related to Solanum molinarum...
- SQUIRREL CORN. Adkins, Leonard M. // Wildflowers Blue Ridge & Great Smoky Mountains;Apr2005, p22
The article offers detailed descriptions and information on Squirrel Corn or Dicentra canadensis. It mentions that the white flower has a similar appearance to Dutchman's-Breeches with heart shape petals and compound leaves. It notes that the plant can be found usually in woodland environment...
- Paradise of Brazilian Flowers. Scheick, William J. // Texas Gardener;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p24
Presents information on several Brazilian flowers. Trailing abutilon; Potato vine; Brazilian plume; Princess flower.
- THE SEASONAL BOUQUET March and April. Forsyth, Turid // Harrowsmith Country Life (11908416);Apr2004, Vol. 28 Issue 175, p28
Presents information on violets. Species of violets; Description of the flowers.