LAS HELIANTHEAE ENDEMICAS A MEXICO: UNA GUIA HACIA LA CONSERVACION
- Gymnanthemum koekemoerae (Compositae, Vernonieae), a new species from South Africa. Robinson, Harold; Funk, Vicki A. // PhytoKeys;2014, Issue 36, p59
A new species of Gymnanthemum (Compositae, Vernonieae) from South Africa is described. It can be distinguished from other species in the genus by the five-flowered capitula and widely obtuse leaf blades.
- A contribution to the genus Amberboa (Asteraceae, Cardueae, Centaureinae) from Iran. RANJBAR, MASSOUD; NEGARESH, KAZEM // Willdenowia;Dec2013, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p271
Amberboa zanjanica (Asteraceae, Cardueae, Centaureinae) is described and illustrated as a new species from Zan-jan province, NW Iran. It is a diploid species (2n = 2x = 32) and morphologically most similar to A. sosnovskyi. The new species is compared with A. glauca, A. moschata and A. nana....
- Dysaster cajamarcensis, a new shrubby genus and species of Astereae (Asteraceae) from Peru. Robinson, Harold; Funk, Vicki // PhytoKeys;2014, Issue 36, p35
Dysaster cajamarcensis is a spreading broad-leaved shrub named as a new genus and species of the tribe Astereae subtribe Hinterhuberinae collected in northern Peru. It has bisexual disc florets, disc style branches with strong stigmatic lines and hairy appendages, compressed achenes in both ray...
- Acanthodesmos gibarensis (Asteraceae, Vernonieae), a new species from Cuba. HERRERA OLIVER, PEDRO PABLO; GONZALEZ GUTIERREZ, PEDRO ALEJANDRO // Willdenowia;Dec2013, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p315
Acanthodesmos gibarensis (Asteraceae, Vernonieae), a new species, is described from Cuba. The genus Acanthodesmos was previously considered monotypic and restricted to Jamaica. A key to the species of Acanthodesmos is given.
- FIVE ADDITIONS TO THE GENUS ACOURTIA (ASTERACEAE: MUTISIEAE). Cabrera R., Leticia // Acta Botanica Mexicana;dic1992, Issue 20, p29
Revisionary studies of Acourtia have resulted in the discovery of five new species, A. oaxacana, A. mexiae, A. pulchella, A. gentryi, and A. gracilis. All the new taxa are endemic to Mexico. The new species are described and their morphological affinities to other species of the genus discussed.
- USE AND IDENTIFICATION OF TIKUMU (CELMISIA SPECIES, ASTERACEAE) IN ARTIFACTS OF NEW ZEALAND ORIGIN. Lord, Janice M.; McCallum, Rua E.; Smith, Catherine A.; Carr, Debra J. // Journal of the American Institute for Conservation;Fall/Winter2010, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p69
Uses of tikumu made from large-leaved Celmisia by MÃ£ori to construct items of dress are reviewed. Leaf and wharawhara properties of large-leaved Celmisia species are described to aid employees in cultural institutions in identifying and better conserving tikumu in artifacts originating from...
- niger seed:. Schlegel, Rolf H. J. // Encyclopedic Dictionary of Plant Breeding & Related Subjects;2003, p477
The article presents an encyclopedia entry for niger seed or Guizotia abyssinica, a member of Compositae.
- Purple coneflower with reddening and phyllody: a new host of clover phyllody phytoplasma. Jana Fránová; Jaroslava Přibylová; Karel Petrzik // European Journal of Plant Pathology;Jan2009, Vol. 123 Issue 1, p85
AbstractÂ Â Echinacea purpurea plants showing yellowing/reddening and phyllody symptoms were observed in southern Bohemia. Transmission electron microscopy observations showed phytoplasmas in sieve cells of symptomatic plants, but not in healthy ones. Direct and nested polymerase chain...
- Two new combinations in the genus Distephanus Cass. (Asteraceae, Vernonieae). Robinson, Harold // PhytoKeys;2012, Issue 17, p25
New combinations are provided in Distephanus for two species from Madagascar.