Called to account
- The management and measurement of Intellectual Capital. Davies, Jan; Waddington, Alan // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Sep99, Vol. 77 Issue 8, p34
Discusses management of intellectual capital. Necessary focus of management skills; Main drivers for the examination of intellectual capital; Visible representations of intellectual capital.
- Protecting Intellectual Capital by Managing Information. Schmitz, Ron // Appliance Manufacturer;Oct99, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p84
Reports on the intellectual capital management. Definition of intellectual capital; Role of product data management (PDM) system; How product configuration is a crucial part of the collaboration process.
- Intellectual Capital. Lynn, Bernadette E. // Ivey Business Journal;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p48
Discusses the value of intellectual capital (IC) to an organization's success. Definition of IC; Types of IC; Problems in managing IC; Examples of IC management.
- Growing intellectual capital: how it relates to the bottom line. Vollmer, Mike; Phillips, Tessy // Offshore;Mar2000, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p74
Part II. Focuses on the importance of people in knowledge management. Concerns regarding the challenge of increasing the company's intellectual capital; Strategies in practicing knowledge management.
- Intellectual CAPITAL: PLACING A VALUE ON TECHNICAL COMMUNICATION. Carliner, Saul // Intercom;Sep/Oct2000, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p6
Focuses on the development of accounting methods for intellectual capital inventory and assessment of impact on financial health. Comparison between intellectual capital and knowledge management; Evaluation of traditional accounting methods; Categories of knowledge assets; Interest of...
- Communication Breakdown. McCracken, Campbell // Knowledge Management;Feb2001, p18
Describes an approach for intellectual capital sharing to enhance competitive advantage. Knowledge management strategies; Improvement of organizational communication; Employee-to-employee exchange of information. INSETS: CASE STUDY--ORBITAL AT PROFNET AND MATRIX;CASE STUDY--SYNERGISTICS AT RYDER.
- Creating knowledge focussed strategies. // Knowledge Management;Sep2002, p1
Editorial. Discusses essential factors in the creation of knowledge focused strategies. Facts and procedures; Need for a revision of the training of economists, accountants and managers of the future; Intellectual capital.
- Return on Knowledge. Allee, Verna // Executive Excellence;Sep2000, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p8
Focuses on the value of knowledge management in economy. Keys to understanding the complexities in work processes; Examples of assets in managing intellectual capital measures; Importance of an employing system.
- Intellectual capital: trick or treat? Newman, Victor // Knowledge Management;Dec2001/Jan2002, p24
Focuses on intellectual capital management. Connecting of knowledge management to value creation; Management of an innovating ecology; Work with creative people to create discontinuous, new market value.