Mitigating Rate Hikes
- Keene manufacturer shut out from federal grant. Stone, Trade // New Hampshire Business Review;12/9/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 26, p16
The article informs that owners of Keene-based Kingsbury Corp. would not receive financial support from a federal grant. The officials were forced to withdraw the grant request because it failed to meet qualification criteria. Monadnock Economic Development Corp. (MEDC) was expected to request...
- Colleges in Alabama, Mississippi Poised To Play Key Roles in Reviving Sagging Economies. // Community College Week;6/4/2007, Vol. 19 Issue 20, p5
The article reports that two-year colleges in Alabama and Mississippi will train workers for newly created jobs in the states. The states were given a joint federal grant to train their workforce. According to Alabama Governor Bob Riley and Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour, their states can...
- Mississippi Governor Calls Session for Health Care Plant. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/12/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32172, p4
Reports that Governor Haley Barbour has called the Legislature into a special session to consider a multi-million dollar bond financing in Bradenton, Florida. Aid of the financing to help Baxter Healthcare Corp. with technology improvement that would protect jobs at the firm's plant; Need for...
- Towns, villages earn grants from justice court program. // Buffalo Law Journal;12/15/2005, Vol. 77 Issue 100, p1
The article reports on the grants awarded to justice courts throughout Erie County, New York under the Justice Court Assistance Program. The fund will be used in several areas. A number of courts in New York provide services to the state. The grants will benefit small communities.
- Nearly half of Pa. counties apply for block grant program. Scott, Jason // Central Penn Business Journal;8/31/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 36, p2
The article reports that thirty Pennsylvania counties have applied for funding through the commonwealth's new block grant system for human services programs.
- Cultural geographies in practice: The South Central Farm: dilemmas in practicing the public. Lawson, Laura // Cultural Geographies;Oct2007, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p611
The article presents information on the South Central Farm, in Los Angeles, California. The 14-acre community garden is also called the South Los Angeles Community Garden and the Urban Gardening Program of the Los Angeles Regional Food Bank. The farm is in the news because of its contested...
- New Grants Promote Community Outreach. Dervarics, Charles // Black Issues in Higher Education;5/22/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p7
Deals with the grants being offered by the U.S. government to Afro-American colleges and minority-serving institutions to promote outreach to their local communities. Amount of the grants; Grants from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development; Amount of grants available to tribal...
- Let's mind our own business. Wilson, Bill // Roads & Bridges;Sep2003, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p5
Focuses on the impact of the continuing aid of the U.S. to foreign countries on highway and bridge construction. Details of federal funding for highway and bridge construction scheduled to end in September 2003; Effect of the change made by TEA-21 in the Internal Revenue Code; Amount allocated...
- $740 grants awarded by CDFA. // New Hampshire Business Review;6/29/2001-7/12/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p36
Announces the New Hampshire Community Development Finance Authority's awarding of grants for affordable housing and community development projects in the state. Total amount of grants approved; Allotment for affordable housing projects; Organizations that will receive financing.