Babcock Land Preservation
- Gov. Bush Sees Sunny Florida Future, But Urges Focus on Medicaid, Schools. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/9/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32086, p3
Reports on the state of the state address delivered by of Florida Governor Jeb Bush. Announcement of Bush that the state's economy is strong, growing and backed by financial reserves that would meet unexpected challenges; Importance of conservative fiscal management in a strong economy;...
- FLORIDA: Development Plan Launched. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/1/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32393, p57
The article reports on the legislation signed by Florida Governor Jeb Bush that contains a series of economic development initiatives including new sales tax exemptions on the purchase of certain equipment and the launching of a new agency called Space Florida, which incorporates four existing...
- An audience with president's little bro. Katterjohn, Chris // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/9/2004, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p12A
Comments on the accomplishments of Jeb Bush as governor of Florida. Briefing of business publishers about education and economic development in Florida; Deal of the state with the Scripps Research Institute to build a science center in Palm Beach County.
- Defining His Campaign. Catanese, David // U.S. News Digital Weekly;2/6/2015, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p6
The article reports that in February 2015, former Florida governor Jeb Bush spoke before the Detroit Economic Club where he outlined his broadest policy vision since announcing his exploration of a presidential run. Topics discussed in the speech include Jeb Bush's ideas for boosting the U.S....
- When Florida SIZZLED. Silber, Kenneth // Research;Aug2009, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p38
The article discusses the economic prosperity and declination of Florida in the 1920s. It is stated that new towns and developments were established as tourists moved in and bought properties. The locality sold off their properties as prices were increasing in 1925. However, two great hurricanes...
- Growth Beats Income. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/14/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32174, p31
Reports on the economic growth in Florida. Factors attributed to the state's economic growth; Projection during the 2005 hurricane season; Impact of rapid real estate developments.
- OCCUPATIONAL LICENSING AND ASYMMETRIC INFORMATION: POST- HURRICANE EVIDENCE FROM FLORIDA. Skarbek, David // CATO Journal;Winter2008, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p73
The article discusses the aspect of occupational licensing and examines the licensing laws that allegedly mitigate the problems associated with informational asymmetries in Florida. It explores the government's response to Hurricanes Frances and Katrina happened between 2004 and 2005. In...
- Overfunded Pension Plan and Talk Of Tax Cuts? Let the Good Times Roll. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/30/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32350, Special section p56
The article provides an overview of the fiscal condition of Florida. The state's pension fund is overfunded by $9 billion. Governor Jeb Bush has proposed a $1.5 billion tax cuts in his $70.8 billion fiscal 2007 budget proposal. He also proposed to use $710 million in cash for acquiring...
- Trump Asserts His Proposal for Barring All Muslims Without Exception. KUMAR, ARUN // India -- West;1/22/2016, Vol. 41 Issue 10, pA4
No abstract available.