John Trahan Joins Assured Guaranty's New York Office
- Assured Announces Six Additions in Public Finance Over Past 3 Months. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;7/11/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32917, p7
The article announces appointments of several public finance professionals at Assured Guaranty Corp. including George Huang in underwriting, Eric Torkelson in legal.
- Two Insurers See the Benefit of Low Subprime Mortgage Exposure. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/8/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32751, p7
The article reports on the selection of Financial Security Assurance Inc. (FSA) and Assured Guaranty Corp. by Miami-Dade County, Florida to support the county's airport revenue bonds. The county selects FSA and Assured based on the recommendation of the financial adviser of the deal. Rachel...
- CIFG Commutation, Reinsurance Finalized Firm Gets OK for S12B, $13B Deals. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;1/23/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33047, p1
The article reports on the finalization of CIFG Holdings Ltd.'s structured finance exposure in the U.S. It states that the company has settled deals to commute approximately $12 billion in structured finance exposures and to have Assured Guaranty Corp. reinsure $13 billion of its public finance...
- CIFG Gets Approval to Commute $12B, Reinsure $13B. // Bond Buyer;1/23/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33047, p20
The article reports on the finalization of CIFG Holdings Ltd. on the deal to commute about $12 billion in structures finance exposures. It notes that the deal to have Assured Guaranty Corp. reinsure $13 billion of its U.S. public finance portfolio has also been finalized. It adds that John...
- Detroit Judge Gives Bond Insurers Sole Voting Power. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;7/3/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34137, p1
The article informs that Detroit, Michigan bankruptcy Judge Steven Rhodes has authorized bond insurers Assured Guaranty Corp. and National Public Finance Guarantee Corp. the right to vote on the city's bankruptcy exit plan. It states that Rhodes authorized Assured to vote claims on unlimited-tax...
- Financial Guarantors Put Up a Fight in 1Q08. G. S. // Asset Securitization Report;4/21/2008, Vol. 8 Issue 16, pG1
The article focuses on the performance of the financial guarantors in the first quarter of 2008. Both Ambac Financial Group and MBIA Inc. announced a six-month moratorium to ensure a new structured finance business. Assured Guaranty Corp. has expanded its public finance group in the U.S. due to...
- Assured Guaranty Gets Ready To Stamp Its Logo on CIFG. McGee, Patrick // Bond Buyer;4/21/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33504, p6
The article reports on the announcement of Assured Guaranty Corp. that it would start the process that would eventually lead to directly assured bond insurance policies.
- Treasurer John Kennedy. // Bond Buyer;03/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31089, p72
Focuses on the views of John Kennedy, state treasurer, on the financial operations of Louisiana. Uncertainty of securitizing share of the national tobacco settlement; Establishment of debt service reserves; Search for approaches to the budget deficit; Completion of the funding of the Morial...
- Services need private cash, say managers. // Public Finance;04/13/2001, p12
Reports on a survey conducted among public sector finance managers in Scotland on the importance of private funds for the country. Requirement of financing for the upgrade of infrastructure; Benefit of partnership in projects.