Rice Financial Hires Five, Boosts Investment Banking Business
- Market Post: Munis Steady After Week of Outperformance. Renick, Oliver // Bond Buyer;2/24/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34064, p1
The article focuses on the market performance of municipal bonds in the U.S. bond market as of February 24, 2014. Topics discussed include municipal bond yields, treasury yields from tax-exempt bonds, and institutional pricing of metropolitan transportation authority bonds. It further presents...
- New Volume Arrives, Led by $1B N.J. Turnpike Deal. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;5/13/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34108, p1
The article reports that pair of turnpike revenue offerings from New Jersey and Pennsylvania will boost the primary market, and help reduce supply concerns ahead of spring reinvestment season in the U.S. According to finance services company Ipreo LLC and trade newspaper "The Bond Buyer," new...
- Swap Specialist Rice Hires Banker for 'Conventional' Business. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;3/15/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31345, p40
Reports the appointment of municipal finance banker Tony Stovall to the position of manager by Rice Financial Products Co. in New York. Expectations of president J. Donald Rice from Stovall; Expansion plans of Stovall on the underwriting activities of the corporate bond; Statement regarding the...
- To strengthen derivatives operations, Rice Financial purchases Apex Securities. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;06/02/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30405, p3
Examines Rice Financial Products Co.'s purchase of Apex Securities Inc. Specialization of the two firms; Amount of municipal offerings made by the two firms; Contribution of Apex to Rice; Increase in the company's bond underwriting and sales capacity.
- Apex acquisition gives Rice Financial on edge on the sell side. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;07/30/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30446, p38
Focuses on the growth of Rice Financial Products' business indicated by its purchase of Houston, Texas-based subsidiary Apex Securities Inc. Experience of the company in municipal derivatives business; Challenges encountered by the firm before achieving recognition in the business.
- Finance Vet Dawson joining Rice Financial in N.Y.C. McGee, Patrick // Bond Buyer;9/27/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33389, p6
The article announces that Emory Dawson was added to Rice Financial Products Co. growing municipal team as a senior vice president in Manhattan, New York City.
- Howard Mackey. Storey, John // Perspectives;Apr2006, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p41
The article presents an obituary for Howard Mackey, a longtime member of the Department of History at Lamar University.
- Rocket Scientists With Attitude. Cintron, Ivan; Seals, Kimberly Lanise // Black Enterprise;Jun2000, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p226
Provides information on African American-owned financial services firm Rice Financial Products Co. Competitors of the company; How J. Donald Rice Jr., president of Rice Financial, defines derivatives; How the company persuade its clients to add municipal derivatives to their financing menu.
- Diminutive Rice gains notice again with novel swap. Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;10/27/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30260, p1
Reports on minority-owned firm Rice Financial Products Co.'s of an interest rate swap in Dade County, Florida, considered the first floating-to-floating swap in the municipal marketplace. Provisions under interest rate swap transaction; Comments of company president J. Donald Rice on the deal.