Utah Transportation Group Calls for 1% Tax to Boost Projects
- Utah restores SSTA conformity; legislation requires petition for Governing Board membership. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;4/15/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p1
The article reports that Utah Governor Jon Huntsman Jr. signed a bill bringing the state into conformity with the Streamlined Sales and Use Tax Agreement (SSTA) beginning January 1, 2009. House Bill 206 of 2008 requires Utah to re-petition for membership on the SSTA Governing Boards and covers...
- Put a Circle on the Flat Tax And Await the Special Session. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/30/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32350, Special section p38
The article provides an overview of the fiscal condition of Utah. The Utah Legislature has approved a two percent-point reduction on the state sales tax on food. Meanwhile, Governor Jon Huntsman Jr. plans to call a special session to discuss the tax reform issue. He is considering a plan to...
- Utah cuts sales tax rates. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;4/1/2007, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p3
The article reports that Utah governor Jon Huntsman Jr. has signed into law an omnibus tax reform bill that includes a reduction in the general state sales tax rate from 4.75% to 4.65%. Also included in the bill is a further decrease in the sales tax rate for unprepared food from 2.75% to 1.75%,...
- Huntsman proposes four-year sales tax phase-out. Taylor, Debbi // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;2/16/2004, Vol. 33 Issue 34, p4
Focuses on the sales tax phase-out scheme proposed by gubernatorial candidate Jon M. Huntsman Jr. in Utah as of February 2004. Opinion of Huntsman on the imposition of tax on food; Drawback of Huntsman's proposal; Pledge made by Huntsman regarding the wages.
- In the Hunt-sman. Shaw, Michael // BAGnewsNotes;4/25/2011, p2
A photograph of Jon Huntsman, U.S. ambassador to China riding a Harley-Davidson motorbike in Shanghai, China is presented.
- Utah amends aircraft parts, equipment exemption. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;9/1/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p3
The article reports on a legislation signed by Utah Governor John Huntsman Jr. which amends the sales and use tax exemption for aircraft parts and equipment. The amendment expands the exemption to include the sales of parts and equipment by establishments described in North American Industry...
- In Tough Times, Even Stingy Utah Turns to Bonds, With $3.3B on Tap. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;3/5/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33075, p28
The article reports on the decision of Utah to get assistance from the bond market to ease its budget crunch. The state issues up to $3.3 billion of debt for 2009 for expansion of Interstate 15 under a deal between Governor Jon Huntsman and legislative leaders. Republican lawmakers have planned...
- Conservatives Should Take a Second Look at GOP Presidential Hopeful Jon Huntsman. SHAN, JANET // Moderate Voice;12/12/2011, p3
A blog related to the U.S. Republican Party (GOP) presidential candidate Jon Huntsman is discussed.
- A Huntsman Moment? DIONNE JR., E. J. // Moderate Voice;12/15/2011, p2
A blog related to U.S. politician Jon Huntsman is presented.