Officials in Harris County, Tex., Pick Game Plan for Toll Roads: Hold 'Em
- New FA Rules 'Fair and Balanced'. ACKERMAN, ANDREW // Bond Buyer;10/14/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33398, p1
The article presents the views of the chairman of First Southwest Co. Michael Bartolotta on the new regulation of Municipal Securities Rulemarking Board (MSRB) in the U.S. Bartolotta believes that the MSRB's new rule will be fair and balanced to all regulated market participants. Further he...
- Bartolotta Jumping from First Southwest to Citi. Hume, Lynn; Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;8/26/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34367, p1
Michael Bartolotta, formerly of First Southwest, has left that firm to join Citi in Houston.
- First Southwest's Bartolotta Gives Up His MSRB Dealer Seat. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;1/6/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33035, p4
The article reports on the resignation of First Southwest Co. vice chairman Michael Bartolotta from his securities dealer seat on the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) after PlainsCapital Corp. purchased First Southwest Holdings Co. in November 2008. According to Bartolotta, there is...
- First Southwest Continues Reign as Regional Leader. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/30/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31563, p28
Reports that Dallas, Texas-based First Southwest Co. has been named the top financial adviser in the south-west region of the United States. Number of employees in the company; Brief profile of Decker Jackson, founder of the company; Number of bond deals performed by the company in 2002.
- New appointments for First Southwest. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;11/19/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30276, p8
Reports on appointments in First Southwest Co. Paul E. Schlosberg as president and chief operating officer; Jeffrey J. Walter as senior vice president of administration for public finance department; Scott O. Fertig as vice president and chief supervisory officer of compliance.
- First Southwest grows Texas-sized, looks past bond work's old borders. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;01/27/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30318, p1
Focuses on the expansion and diversification plan launched by First Southwest Co. Challenges faced by the company in launching the expansion plan; Comment by Hillel Feinberg, chief executive officer of the company; Issues made by the company as senior manager; Background to the company's...
- Brownsville, Tex., Splits $100 Million Bond Issue Between Two Underwriters. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;02/12/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31075, p3
Reports that First Southwest Co. has decided to divide a 100 million dollar bond issue for the city of Brownsville, Texas. Structure of the bonds; Use of the proceeds from the bond issue.
- First Southwest Goes West. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;05/25/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30899, p1
Reports on First Southwest Co.'s opening of an office in Los Angeles, California. Expansion plans of the company; Clients of the company; Banking business.
- Privatize highways. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;5/16/94, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p22
Cites the May 1994 issue of `Privatization' which reported on the idea of private toll roads worldwide. Germany, India, Poland and Vietnam are the latest additions to a group that exceeds 40 countries who opted to make use of the private sector to develop, own and operate highway infrastructure...