Calif. Quake Board Preps Debut Sale
- California Earthquake Authority Dismisses New Idea of Catastrophe Bonds. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;4/2/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31356, p5
Reports that the California Earthquake Authority decided against issuing the catastrophe bonds for 2003. Provision of earthquake insurance; History over the creation of the authority; Plan of the CEA board to explore catastrophe bond options for 2003.
- Can capital markets stomach cat risk? Howard, Lisa S. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;12/02/96, Vol. 100 Issue 49, p3
Focuses on the reaction of the insurance and capital markets, to the layer of the California Earthquake Authority's $10. 5 billion reinsurance program, which the company Berkshire Hathaway Incorporated purchased part of. Effect of catastrophe risk securitization on the capital market; Comments...
- Earthquake Fund Shakes Out Firm For $100 Million. Philley, Alicia // Investment Management Weekly;03/08/99, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p1
States that California Earthquake Authority, the disaster insurance organization in Sacramento, California, will search for a securities manager to handle its accounts. Funds of the organization; Managers for its funds.
- Resurgence of cat bonds expands buyers' options. // Business Insurance;6/1/2009, Vol. 43 Issue 22, p8
The article offers insights on the recovery of the U.S. catastrophe bond market and its implication for insurance buyers. The issuance of cat bond is expected to reach $3 billion in 2009, which marks a rapid turnaround from the second half of 2008. The article stresses that cat bonds have become...
- Negotiated Bond Sales. // Bond Buyer;10/21/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34197, p1
A chart is presented showing the negotiated bond sales as of week of October 20, 2014 to week of October 27, 2014 as issued several U.S. cities and towns which include California Earthquake Authority, Cleveland, Ohio, and Bethlehem.
- Catastrophe Bond Market Had Record Issuance In 2002; Report Notes Its Significance To Reinsurance Capacity. // Insurance Advocate;3/31/2003, Vol. 114 Issue 13, p28
Reports on the record issuance of catastrophe bond market in the U.S. for 2002. Significance of catastrophe bond to reinsurance capacity; Total risk limits; Sponsorship of catastrophe bonds.
- Market Post: Traders Wait for Week's Activity. Smith, Kate // Bond Buyer;10/28/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34201, p1
The municipal market opened slowly on Monday morning as traders saved their energy for the week's larger deals, scheduled for pricing later this week.
- CAT bond growth turns focus to risk models. Quinn, Lawrence Richter // Private Placement Letter;01/04/99, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p1
Offers information on catastrophe bond models in the United States. Predictions on the model; Loss projections of the model; Details on other bond issues in the market.
- Cheap Reinsurance To Minimize CAT Bonds. Roper, Akil Salim // Private Placement Letter;03/01/99, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p2
Focuses on the condition of catastrophe bond industry in the United States. Status of reinsurance premiums; Prediction on the performance of reinsurance premiums in 1999; Details on the catastrophe bond market.