Citizens' $3B Taxable Sale
- Fla.'s Citizens Property Insurance Beefs Up Bond Proceed Managers. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/1/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33459, p3
The article reports that Citizens Property Insurance Corp. has increased the number of outside managers it is using in investing bond proceeds and other funds in Florida.
- Florida Insurer Sets $900M As Hurricane Season Nears. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/16/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33517, p1
The article reports on the plan of the Citizens Property Insurance Corp. to sell 900 million dollars in revenue bonds in Florida.
- Fla. Citizens To Sell $3B In Bonds. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/22/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32386, p1
The article reports on the expectation of Citizens Property Insurance Corp. to issue three billion taxable auction-rate bonds in Florida. It is a state-run agency that offers property and windstorm insurance and has been structuring auction-rate bonds to finance high-risk account claims for the...
- Florida Citizens, Utility Deals Promise Brisk Primary Action. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;5/27/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32886, p7
The article reports that Citizens Property Insurance Corp. in Florida will be issuing the largest deal for the last week of May 2008 as it will sell at least $1.5 billion of senior-secured bonds. Goldman, Sachs & Co. will price the sale on May 29, 2008, following a retail order period on May 28,...
- Louisiana Insurer Delays $850M Deal. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/30/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32308, p1
The article reports that city officials decided to delay the pricing for the $850 million special-assessment revenue bond issue that the Louisiana Citizens Property Insurance Corp. was hoping to sell this January 2006. Another issue that officials have to deal with is whether or not citizens can...
- Florida's Citizens Issues Largest Cat Bond Ever: $1.5B. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/28/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34099, p1
The article offers information on the deal of catastrophe bond that took place in April 2014 in Florida. It reports that Florida's Citizens Property Insurance Corp. has priced a catastrophe bond deal worth 1.5 billion dollars to protect itself from losses along the state's coast due to...
- Florida Citizens Readies Upto $2B of Fixed-Rate, Tax-Exempt Revenue Bonds. // Bond Buyer;5/27/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32886, p6
The article reports on the expectation of Florida's Citizens Property Insurance Corp. to hold a two-day pricing of $1.5 billion to $2 billion of fixed-rate, tax-exempt revenue bonds. Proceeds of the Series 2008A high-risk account bonds will provide liquidity to pay claims. Investment proceeds...
- FLORIDA: Citizens $1.2B Deal Rated. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/21/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32533, p31
The article reports on the ratings received by the Citizens Property Insurance Corp. for its planned sales of up to $1.2 billion of high-risk account senior-secured refunding bonds in Florida. An A-plus was given by Standard & Poor's to the deal and a stable outloo to the credit and affirmed the...
- Florida Insurer Closes on Record Catastrophe Bond. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/2/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33707, p3
The article reports on the largest single catastrophe bond deal, transferring 750 million dollars of risk to the capital market closed by the Citizens Property Insurance Corp. to reduce the potential for assessments on policyholders and reduce its reliance on the municipal market in Florida.