Nobody asked me, but
- Higher education. Schultz, Gwyneth // All Hands;May96, Issue 949, p4
Focuses on the United States Navy's Senior Enlisted Academy (SEA). Training of command master chiefs (CMC) and chiefs of the boat (COB); Training course; Significance; Reactions.
- TQL in the air: A growing success story. Heinrich, John // Naval Aviation News;Mar/Apr94, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p22
Focuses on the successful implementation of the Total Quality Leadership (TQL) in the US Navy. Commitment to TQL by squadron leaders; Attendance to Senior Leaders Seminar; Involvement of entire wardroom at outset; Critical mass knowledge about TQL; Support services to TQL.
- VT-4 mission change. // Naval Aviation News;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 79 Issue 1, p4
Reports on the changing of the mission statement of the Training Squadron (VT) 4 after the graduation of its final group of naval aviators. Training of Naval Flight Officers and Air Force navigators.
- AOCS/OCS consolidation. // Naval Aviation News;Jan/Feb94, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p5
Reports that aviation and nonaviation officer candidates are required to attend the Officer Candidate School (OCS) in Pensacola, Florida. Relocation of the OCS in Newport, Rhode Island; Total number of students at the OCS.
- The Frozen Gates. Breese, Andrew; Diaz, Dustin Q. // All Hands;Jun2011, Issue 1131, p12
The article focuses on the 2011 Ice Exercises (ICEX) conducted by the U.S. Navy along with Applied Physics Lab Ice Station personnel in Prudhoe Bay, Alaska to ensure training and readiness of the country's naval forces.
- MCPON adjusts course of CPO initiation. Knaak, Jerry // Naval Aviation News;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p30
Reports on updates in Chief Petty Officer (CPO) initiation in the United States Navy. Reasons behind the integration of naval heritage into the CPO initiation process; Recommended activities.
- Cease Fire on SWOS! Little, Michael W. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Feb99, Vol. 125 Issue 2, p78
Focuses on the controversy in the Surface Warfare Division Officer Course (SWOSDOC) for surface warfare officers in the United States Navy. Course coverage; Foundation provided by SWOSDOC; Debates on tactics, division officer training and warrior skills; Need for recognition of SWOSDOC status.
- Underway instruction. Allen, Jeremy // All Hands;Jul98, Issue 975, p12
Reports that the United States Navy is using the experience of craftmasters to teach its future officers the basics of shiphandling. Overview of what the enlisted crew instructs the midshipmen; What makes the enlisted/midshipmen team works.
- NFO's GATEWAY TO THE FLEET FOR 40 YEARS. // Naval Aviation News;Sep/Oct2000, Vol. 82 Issue 6, p16
Reports the celebration of the 40-years of the United States Training Squadron 10 in training nonpilot aviation officers. History of the establishment of Basic Naval Aviation Officers School; Changes caused by technological innovations; Mission of the training squadron.