- Teachers' Perceptions of Esri Story Maps as Effective Teaching Tools. STRACHAN, Caitlin; MITCHELL, Jerry // Review of International Geographical Education Online;Winter2014, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p195
The current study explores teachers' perceptions of Esri Story Maps as effective teaching tools. Story Maps are a relatively new web application created using Esri's cloud-based GIS platform, ArcGIS Online. They combine digitized, dynamic web maps with other story elements to help the creator...
- Users map data on the Web. Vadlamudi, Pardhu // InfoWorld;11/25/96, Vol. 18 Issue 48, p32
Reports on Environmental Systems Research Institute's (ESRI) introduction of an Internet server extension dubbed the ArcView Internet Map Server to ArcView GIS 3.0 for Windows software. Features and capabilities; ESRI's Web strategy; ESRI's unveiling of its MapObjects mapping-components library.
- Easy to use Business Analyst 1.0 mines customer data for trends. Hollander, Geoffrey // InfoWorld;07/20/98, Vol. 20 Issue 29, p106
Introduces the data-management software Business Analyst 1.0 developed by Environmental Systems Research Institute Inc. Capabilities and limitations; Recommended retail price; Operating system support; Ordering information.
- The ASW Reach-back Cell Ocean Analysis System. Dykes, J. D.; Fanguy, P. // NRL Review;2010, p206
The article evaluates the ASW Reach-back Cell Ocean Analysis System developed by the Environmental System Research Institute Inc. for the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory.
- Clients under cross hairs. Baltazar, Henry // PC Week;07/06/98, Vol. 15 Issue 27, p57
Reviews ArcView Business Analyst, software from Environmental Systems Research Institute Inc. which makes geographic information systems (GIS) technology accessible to corporate analysts. Ease of use; Features and capabilities; Pricing; Availability; Performance; Recommendations; Contact...
- ShapeLink edits geographic data in ArcView. Vadlamudi, Pardhu // InfoWorld;11/20/95, Vol. 17 Issue 47, p26
Reports on Numera Software Inc.'s Numera ShapeLink for editing spatial data within its CAD software. Numera partnership with Environmental Systems Research Institute Inc. (ESRI); Goal of the partnership; Software capability to edit geographic components in ESRI's ArcView; Slated shipment in...
- DOSSIER: ESRI. // Baseline;Nov2005, Issue 51, p56
This article features Environmental Systems Research Institute (ESRI), a Redlands, California-based company founded as a land use consulting firm in 1969. ESRI in 2005, claims that 300,000 organizations worldwide use its technology to create maps and make decisions about their physical assets....
- PRODUCT NEWS. // GEOWorld;Aug2008, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p34
The article evaluates several geographical equipment and supplies including AutoCAD Map 3D 2009, Autodesk MapGuide Enterprise 2009, and AutoCAD Raster Design 2009 softwares from Autodesk Inc., RouteMAP IMS 4.0 from Environmental Systems Research Institute Inc. (ESRI), and the STI: BlockPoint...
- Dangermond Rejoins Geo World EAB. // GEOWorld;Dec2009, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p9
The article reports that Jack Dangermond, founder and president of Environmental Systems Research Institute Inc. (ESRI), has rejoined the Editorial Advisory Board (EAB) of the journal "GeoWorld."