A Gently Warming Sun
- Wonders But No Wizards. Ferguson, Tim // Forbes Asia;Aug2015, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p008
The article discusses the strong economic growth of China despite the business figures which show contrary to it. Topics smaller stock-traded enterprises which have profitability from domestic sales are listed under Best Under A Billion honor roll by American business magazine Forbes,...
- Where Next For Regional Stocks? // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/24/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 31, p5
Presents information on the economic situation in Asia as of November 2003. Valuation of the Hong Kong Hang Seng Index; Year-on-year GDP growth posted by Taiwan as of the third quarter of 2003; Business failure rate in Japan as of October 2003; Targeted economic growth rate of Malaysia in 2003.
- Brazil: Stocks Set To Fly. // Emerging Markets Monitor;9/21/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 24, p9
The article reports on the increase in Brazilian stocks in September 2009. On the September 17, 2009 trading, the Bovespa index surpassed the 60,000 mark, indicating a 13-month high for the bourse at 60,236. An outright bullish forecast is given to Brazilian stocks due to the positive second...
- To Look Out For In 2009. // Middle East Monitor: East Med;Feb2009, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p8
The article forecasts the economic development in Egypt in 2009. It states the short-term recovery of the Egyptian CASE-30 stock index and the importance of investment for the growth of Egyptian economy. It anticipates the 5.4% growth of the real gross domestic product (GDP) as well as the...
- Sri Lanka Stocks: Politics The Main Risk. // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/8/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 17, p9
Reports on the economic performance of Sri Lanka as of August 2005. Increase in its Colombo Stock Exchange equity index as of August 4, 2005; Political risks to the economic growth of the country, including a possible early parliamentary election for the year; Forecasts on the 2005 real gross...
- Bulls lead equity markets. Singh, Devendra A. // Money Times;11/17/2014, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p8
The author reviews the performance of the BSE Sensex and CNX Nifty stock market indexes in India as of November 2014. Topics discussed include the impact of the reforms initiated by the Indian government, the projected growth of India's gross domestic product (GDP) for the next three years,...
- Singapore: Strong GDP To Support SGD, Equities. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/22/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p11
Focuses on the economic growth of Singapore as of May 2006. Benefit of the growth to the local currency and the Straits Times Index; Outlook for real gross domestic product growth in 2006; Expansion of the service industry.
- FINANCIAL DEVELOPMENT AND ECONOMIC GROWTH IN TURKEY: AN EMPIRICAL ANALYSIS. Kapusuzoglu, Ayhan // Actual Problems of Economics / Aktual'ni Problemi EkonomÃ¬ki;Jan2013, Vol. 139 Issue 1, p314
In this study, the cointegration and causality relations are examined in Turkey between the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and the National 30, National 50 and National 100 indices at Istanbul Stock Exchange (ISE) in order to study the relation between economic growth and financial development. In...
- Trouble In Taiwan. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/10/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the decline in the stock index of Taiwan on May 5, 2004. Factors that contributed to the decline in stock index; Gross domestic product forecast for the year; Percentage of decline in unemployment rate; Percentage of increase in industrial output in March 2004.