Global Bargain Hunter
- ABN Trust Argentina sheds bank shares. // Asset Securitization Report;12/8/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 47, p17
Reports that ABN Amro in Argentina has sold a 93 percent stake in Nuevo Banco de Santa Fe to Banco de San Juan. Structure of banking assets and liabilities.
- Be your own auditor: gauging earnings quality. // Dow Theory Forecasts;2/21/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 8, p4
Presents tips to investors on how to measure the earnings quality of companies in the United States. Screening of companies with solid scores for both Quality and Overall in the Quadrix stock-rating system; Evaluation of companies' operating cash flow, as measured by cash provided by operations;...
- Growth standouts at low, low prices. // Dow Theory Forecasts;4/1/2002 Supplement, Vol. 58, p1
Focuses on the impact of the expectations for profit growth on price and earnings ratio of companies in the U.S. Attention given on free cash flow; Details on the stock performance of firms; Concerns of firms' on slow sales and profit growth.
- AMC forgives loans to exec pair. Sperling, Nicole // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;7/23/2002, Vol. 374 Issue 21, p12
Reports on the decline of the shares of AMC Entertainment Inc. by 30 percent after the company disclosed that it forgave 19.25 million dollar loans to two company executives. Amount borrowed by chief executive officer Peter Brown and chief operating officer Philip Singleton from AMC; Rise in...
- Le contenu informatif des chiffres comptables: vers de nouvelles amÃ©liorations mÃ©thodologiques? Martinez, Isabelle // ComptabilitÃ© ContrÃ´le Audit;Dec2004, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p9
The purpose of this study is to extend the research on the information content of accounting numbers in two directions. Firstly, we test whether the explanatory power of accounting variables (earning and cash flows) can be improved by using a nonlinear specification. Secondly, we investigate how...
- BEHIND THE NUMBERS. Keenan, Charles // Black Enterprise;Jul2008, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p35
The article discusses the advantage for investors of assessing the actual quality of the earnings of a company, rather than fixating on how much the company is earning. The practice of measuring earnings quality can help in identifying which companies are best positioned to make their...
- Cash Flow Multiples Shoot Up in the Spring. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Aug2004, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p10
Reports on an increase in mergers and acquisitions cash flow multiples in the second quarter of 2004 in the U.S. Summary of the average multiples of earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization; Performance of deal activity in the second quarter; Information on the moving...
- Street Talk. Hiestand, Jesse // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/2/2002, Vol. 372 Issue 42, p72
Reports the corporate profits of USA Interactive Inc. in the U.S. Growth in the number of stocks; Increase in the revenues; Optimism to obtain stability of the cash flow.
- Seek Healthy Cash Flow Numbers To Fine-Tune Your Stock Selection. ANDREW EDWARDS // Investors Business Daily;5/29/2015, pB04
The article reports on the operating cash flow of companies that are greater than actual earnings per share, which involves depreciation and amortization that are added back to the company's net income. It defines the process of cash flow statement which reconciles net income to actual changes...