Designing for Dough
- Sun Season. // Time;12/30/1957, Vol. 70 Issue 27, p31
The article focuses on the developments of hotels in the Caribbean area in 1957 in relation to the reported sin-and-sun season. It relates the Havana Riviera casino hotel in Havana, Cuba, aimed to compete with Las Vegas, Nevada, and Arawak resort hotel in Jamaica, which contains a swimming and...
- Plans for 674-Ft.-Tall Vegas Tower Advance. // Elevator World;Aug2014, Vol. 62 Issue 8, p25
The article reports on the approval by the Nevada Gaming Commission in May 2014 of the plan of Malaysia-based investment holding and management company Genting Berhad to build a 4-billion U.S. dollars casino resort in Las Vegas.
- Sin City Moulin Rouge. // Travel Daily;6/12/2014, p7
The article focuses on the plan of American casino and resort developer GCA Leisure will bring the iconic Moulin Rouge name back to the Las Vegas Strip in Nevada in the form of a restored yet modern version of the 1950's the Moulin Rouge Resort and Casino.
- Echo: Crown Sydney red tape. // Travel Daily;5/13/2015, p4
The article discusses the concerns of opponents to the revised proposal for the construction of 275-meter tall Crown Sydney Resort hotel and casino project including Echo Entertainment Group citing environmental consequences while the Museum of Applied Arts and Science (MAAS) cites its impact on...
- Lounge Bringing Its SoHo Style to Las Vegas. Edelson, Sharon // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/20/2007, Vol. 194 Issue 14, p11
The article focuses on the property being developed by the Cosmopolitan Resort & Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada. The first two tenants of the property underscore the aim of Cosmopolitan to stand out with stores that are offbeat. Lounge, a SoHo store where designers such as D&G and Miss Sixty mingle...
- Hard Rock International to develop new casino resort in Santo Domingo. // Casino Journal;Feb2016, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p9
The article focuses on the plan of hospitality company Hard Rock International Inc. to develop its second hotel and casino in the Dominican Republic, the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Santo Domingo.
- ROCK'N ROLLA. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);8/31/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 35, Special section p16
The article reports on the opening of Paradise Tower, which is the first phase of upgrades to the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada, in 2009. The upgrade and expansion project, which costs $760 million, is being conducted by M. J. Dean Construction. Other stages of the project...
- WILDHORSE HOTEL: Contractor promises to finish job in time for Round-Up. // Confederated Umatilla Journal;Aug2011, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p10
The article focuses on the completion of the construction of Wildhorse Hotel at Wildhorse Resort & Casino in Pendleton, Oregon, which was delayed due to bad weather. Gary George, chief executive officer of Wildhorse Resort says that he was disappointed for the delay, but was glad that 134 rooms...
- Condos out at Cosmopolitan, but for how long? Stutz, Howard // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);8/30/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 35, pP4
The article reports on the plan of the operators of the Strip hotel-casino of Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas to open the hotel on December 15, 2010. In a regulatory filing, they declared that they will spend at least 890 million U.S. dollars to pursue the plan. Cosmopolitan was taken over by...