Reinventing The Wheel. Literally
- A Local Company Moves Ahead--Sideways. Moniz, Larry // Business News New Jersey;11/21/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 47, p9
Reports on AIRTRAX Corp.'s preparation for the commercial release of its all-directional forklifts. Differences of the AIRTRAX forklift from its conventional counterparts; Target markets; AIRTRAX's business ties with the United States Navy.
- Dual Fuel For Forklifts. // Popular Mechanics;Jul2000, Vol. 177 Issue 7, p30
Reports on the advanced power module for electric fork lift trucks developed by Airtrax. How the power module works.
- Improving wheel tightens turns. Wilson, Jim // Popular Mechanics;Nov97, Vol. 174 Issue 11, p28
Focuses on the computer-controlled wheels of Peter Amico's Sidewinder forklift. Advantage of the wheels' cone configurations; Trick in improving the wheels; Applications of the wheels in some unexpected places.
- Wheel Offers Omni-Directional Motion. DeMeis, Rick // Design News;7/19/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 10, p58
Reports on the utilization of omni-directional wheel technology on Airtrax Corp.'s lift truck in the U.S. Wheel features; Storage of loads sideways through narrow overhead doors; Capability of the operators to maneuver the vehicle in tight confines.
- Take a load off... Banner, Steve // Commercial Motor;5/7/2009, Vol. 209 Issue 5330, p40
The article focuses on the key factors that need to be considered while buying forklift trucks. While looking to acquire forklift, one should keep in mind that truck may not always have the capability of lifting the maximum cargo. It is essential to consider regenerative braking as it helps in...
- Rebounding markets. McCarron, Kathy // Rubber & Plastics News;10/6/2014, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p34
The article offers information on the Trelleborg Wheel Systems Americas Inc. Topics discussed includes views of Ydo Doornbos, managing director for Trelleborg regarding the demand for industrial tires especially for forklifts vehicles, the Pit Stop Line wear indicator feature launched by the...
- With slowly recovering economy, Trelleborg sees opportunities emerging for growth. McCarron, Kathy // Tire Business;9/29/2014, Vol. 32 Issue 13, p10
The article presetns opinion of Ydo Doornbos, managing director for Trelleborg Wheel Systems Americas Inc., on the state of the tire industry in 2014. Doornbos believes that demand for industrial tires has improved for 2014 and tire market for the Class 2 and 3 forklift trucks remains very...
- Don't tyre of selection. // Works Management;Jul2006, Vol. 59 Issue 7, p33
The article reports that Finning Materials Handling is offering a free guide to tire selection titled "Treading Carefully." The guide contains information on how to measure a tire, what rims to fit, the different types of tires available and torque settings. According to the document, the key to...
- Uplifting experiences: New developments from nine major forklift manufacturers. Sears, Warren // Beverage World;Apr95, Vol. 114 Issue 1589, p37
Surveys various developments in forklift manufacturers. Yale; Crown Caterpillar; Hyster; Nissan; Toyota; Mitsubishi; Linde/Bake; Clark.