- Optical fiber tip inside the probe. // Fiber Optic Sensors & Systems;Jul2015, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p11
The article reports on the use of a laser beam to shape the optical fiber tip.
- The Future is Here. DelBusso, Mike // Gases & Welding Distributor;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p22
Discusses the growth in the industrial application of laser in the material processing. Laser flat-sheet cutting for processing sheetmetal; Laser blanking; Hydroforming in automotive industry; Laser welding. INSET: Diode Lasers Offer Another Choice.
- Material Processing with a 3kW Single Mode Fibre Laser. Hartwig, Lars; Ebert, Robby; Kloetzer, Sascha; Weinhold, Sebastian; Drechsel, Jan; Peuckert, Frank; Schille, Joerg; Exner, Horst // Journal of Laser Micro / Nanoengineering;2010, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p128
Intended for novel machining strategies in high power laser machining, a continuous wave single mode fibre laser (YLR-3000-SM, IPG) with a laser power up to 3 kW and a brilliant beam quality M2 < 1.2 has been applied in the presented work. Laser beam focusing was realised by industrial standard...
- Welding warehouse. // Welding Design & Fabrication;Feb2000, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p16
Features different equipment used in the welding industry. Laser-beam imprints; Clamp that eliminates gap between the plate and the stiffener; Bi-metal saw blade; Solar-powered auto-darkening welding filter.
- Lasers Start to Make Their Mark. Malim, T.H. // Management Review;Jul70, Vol. 59 Issue 7, p26
Focuses on reasons behind brightening prospects for lasers. Increased reliability of lasers; Development of lasers capable of cutting titanium and welding stainless steel; Efficiency of carbon-dioxide laser in terms of light output measured against power input; Oxygen-assisted cutting.
- OmniGuide fiber aids surgery. // Laser Focus World;May2006, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p55
The article report that OmniGuide Communications (OC) Inc., an optical fiber industry has become an official supplier to Partners Healthcare System Inc. OC fiber was developed at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology for to flexibly guide carbon dioxide laser light. The fiber is used in the...
- Low-maintenance laser cutting. BOYER, MEGHAN // Modern Metals;Aug2010, Vol. 66 Issue 7, p30
The article presents fiber laser as an efficient technology that can cut numerous materials such as aluminum, brass and copper. It cites the IPG Photonics Corporation from Massachusetts that supplies lasers to Wayne Trail and Preco which incorporate them into different systems for end users. The...
- Distributor Knowledge Plays Key Role In Laser Sales. Bell, David // Gases & Welding Distributor;May/Jun2002, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p37
Discusses the role of gases in laser cutting, welding and surface treatment. Recommended pressures and flow for nitrogen gas when cutting stainless steel; Content of laser gases for carbon dioxide lasers; Mode of laser beam; Focal length of the lens.
- The future is here. DelBusso, Mike // American Machinist;Jun2001, Vol. 145 Issue 6, p52
Discusses laser beam cutting and welding technologies in context with the growth of the laser industry in the general machine tool market. Laser flat-sheet cutting; Laser blanking; Hydroformed part cutting and trimming; Thick-plate cutting; Remote welding; Tailored blank welding; Hybrid...