- Last call for TV's season of free eats. Thielman, Sam // Daily Variety;5/17/2010, Vol. 307 Issue 31, p8
The article reports on the success of the upfronts and after-parties held by various motion picture production industries in Gotham, unveiling its schedule and programming of different films in the season.
- CHOOSING THE BEST DISTRIBUTION PLATFORM FOR YOUR FILM. BALDRIDGE, AIMEE // Photo District News;May2016, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p28
The article explores on the pros and cons of video making for film distribution, highlighting the various options to prevent from pitfalls in filmmaking.
- CO-PRODUCTION FUNCTION: EXPLORING WAYS TO WORK WITH CHINA. Coonan, Clifford // Variety;6/6/2011, Vol. 423 Issue 4, pA4
The article discusses film distribution in Asia and how co-production and co-financing are becoming very common in the Chinese film industry.
- MOSCOW BELIEVES IN TEARS: THE PROBLEMS (AND PROMISE?) OF RUSSIAN CINEMA IN THE TRANSITION PERIOD. Menashe, Louis // Cineaste;Summer2001, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p10
Focuses on the problems faced by Russian filmmakers in the transition period since the Soviet collapse in 1991. Details on the decline in film production and attendance in the mid-1990s; Financial and artistic challenges faced by filmmakers; Several developments that displaced the film...
- Pardon the Delays! Markowtz, Adam // Entertainment Weekly;1/15/2010, Issue 1085, p57
A chart is presented on delays between production and distribution of major motion pictures in 2009-2010.
- THIS IS THE LIFE WE'VE CHOSEN. SAYLES, JOHN // MovieMaker;Winter2014, Vol. 21 Issue 107, p80
The article focuses on various aspects of the moviemaking from its test screening to the release of the movie. Topics discussed include fundraising for the movie, proper arrangements of the amenities with respect to the budget of the film and time schedule for attracting the actors. It also...
- REDEFINING DISTRIBUTION. Clapp, Cristina // Digital Video;Jul2014, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including motion picture distribution, filmmaking, and digital resources supply and demand.
- Guerra divides prod'n, distrib'n. Hopewell, John // Daily Variety;8/25/2011, Vol. 312 Issue 34, p7
The article offers information on the new production label Nostromo Pictures created by producer Adrian Guerra and on his production-distribution business in Madrid, Spain that focuses on film distribution.
- DON'T GO IT ALONE: FIVE CHOICE ONLINE SERVICES TO ASSIST WITH EVERYTHING FROM MAKING YOUR DVDS TO SELLING THEM. Gnerre, Andrew // MovieMaker;2009 Guide Making Movies, Vol. 15 Issue 77, p104
The article lists several online services that help filmmakers in the process of making and selling motion pictures in the U.S. which include DVD Transfer, Film Baby and Filmbay.