Through a Lens Smartly
- No Windows 8 Sales Boost For Computers. Olenick, Doug // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;Dec2012, Vol. 27 Issue 24, p6
The article reports on the 2012 Microsoft sales of 40 million Windows 8 licenses that did not increase personal computer (PC) sales as expected.
- Windows 10 may hit PC sales. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;10/3/2014, pA02
The article reports that the Windows 10 operating system (OS) of Microsoft Corp. will possibly fuel the sales of personal computers (PC) in 2015, but could affect the sales in 2014 as buyers wait for new system.
- Untitled. Williams, Jenny // Computer Weekly;1/18/2011, Issue 3, p89
The article reports on the plans of Microsoft Corp. to use advanced reduced instruction set computer (RISC) machine (ARM) processors for devices running on its upcoming Windows 8 operating system (OS). According to principal analyst at Ovum Ltd. Adam Leach, the planned move of Microsoft towards...
- Laptops of 2012: What to Expect. CROSS, JASON // PCWorld;Feb2012, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p13
The article discusses the expected surge in the sales of laptop computers in 2012, which will benefit from the launch of sleeker designs, the planned launch of the Windows 8 operating system and new Intel chips. It says that Intel has trademarked the thin and lightweight Ultrabooks for a new...
- UNSUNG HEROES. // Chief Marketer (Penton Media, Inc.);Dec2010/Jan2011 Supplement, p16
This article features the promotional campaign of Microsoft Corp. for its server products including Windows Server, SQL Server and Visual Studio. Instead of employing the traditional features-benefits type of promotion, the company decided that it would be better for Microsoft's software users...
- Microsoft Introduces Windows 8. Mediati, Nick; Niccolai, James // PCWorld;Aug2011, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p15
This article previews the operating system Windows 8 from Microsoft.
- MIA: 10 Things Microsoft Didn't Put In Windows 10. Pickavance, Mark // Micro Mart;7/30/2015, Issue 1373, p8
The article evaluates the computer software Windows 10 from Microsoft Corp.
- Windows10: what's new for the next-gen OS. // PC Pro;Jun2015, Issue 248, p11
The article reviews the computer program Windows 10 from Microsoft Corp.
- How Microsoft will make cash from its "free" OS. Collins, Barry // PC Pro;Jun2015, Issue 248, p16
The article previews computer program Windows 10 from Microsoft Corp.