- Stocks Finish With Power, But HP Drops After Hours. KEN HOOVER // Investors Business Daily;9/15/2015, p00
The article offers information regarding an increase in stocks in the U.S. ahead of a highly anticipated two-day meeting of the Federal Reserve Board. It reveals that Nasdaq posted a 1.1% increase while the S&P 500 recorded 1.3% increase. Other information about the Dow Jones industrial average...
- As I See It. Dodgson, Gregory E.V. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;2/2/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p28
Reports on the impact of the changes in the monetary policy statement of the U.S. Federal Reserve on the stock performance in the U.S. as of February 2, 2004. Information on the performance of the Dow Jones and Nasdaq stocks; Reaction of David Greenlaw, U.S. economist at Morgan Stanley, on the...
- Fed Responsible for Stock Market Problems. Bartlett, Bruce // Human Events;05/05/2000, Vol. 56 Issue 16, p9
Argues that the decline of the stock market in the United States (US) in May 2000 should be blamed to the US Federal Reserve Board. Factors which market analysts believe were responsible for the stock market decline; Discussion on the performance of the stock market.
- CHINA GROWTH CONCERNS, FED'S POSSIBLE RATE HIKE PUSH MARKETS SHARPLY LOWER. // CFO Innovation Asia;8/25/2015, p1
The article focuses on concerns about Chinese growth prospects and rate hike by the U.S. Federal Reserve Board are making equity markets lower. Record-low interest rates and packages have not led to the rate of growth that people had hoped for. But, the economic system has stabilised and...
- Tech stocks tumble as credit fears cause tailspin in worldwide stock markets. Taylor, Colleen // Electronic News;8/20/2007, Vol. 53 Issue 34, p3
The article reports on the market performance of technology stocks in the U.S. Technology stocks took a plunge with fears of a potential crisis in the credit markets spurring steep declines in stock prices worldwide. The NASDAQ market fell to 2,503.16. Financial analysts say that larger effects...
- Indexes Ease Ahead Of Fed. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;12/18/2013, pA01
1 Stocks ended a seesaw session slightly lower ahead of a Federal Reserve statement on monetary policy Wed. The S&P 500 shed 0.3%, while the Nasdaq and Dow industrials each finished down 0.1%. Volume fell on the Nasdaq and rose on the NYSE. The 10-year Treasury yield fell 4 basis points to 2.84%.
- Stocks Rally Over Fed Policy. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;3/19/2015, pA01
1 Stocks slumped early on, but reversed sharply in heavy trade after the Fed suggested an immediate interest hike was not probable. The dollar tumbled, oil spiked and energy, steel and mining stocks led the reversal. The Dow surged 1.3%. The S&P 500 jumped 1.2%. The Nasdaq rose 0.9%. Gold barely...
- Stocks Ease Before Fed Decision; Solar Stocks Rally; Oil Dives. ALAN R. ELLIOTT // Investors Business Daily;12/16/2015, p00
The article reports on the performance of securities prior to the implementation of interest rates increase by the government agency the Federal Reserve in the U.S. The topics discussed include the 0.3% rise of Nasdaq, the 0.4% increase of Dow Jones industrial average, and the surge of building...
- Nasdaq to launch in Europe. // Accountancy;Jan2000, Vol. 125 Issue 1277, p56
This article reports that the U.S.-based Nasdaq Market System will establish a pan-European stock exchange in London, England. Initial strategic alliances are e-partners, Vivendi, and Softbank. Nasdaq succeeds in attracting high technology and other growth industries to public flotations.