Bendix announces safety advances
- 'Braking' from the pack. O'BRIEN, PATRICK // Diesel;Nov/Dec2012, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p44
The article offers the author's insight on the partnership between Knorr-Bremse AG and McColl's Transport to improve the understanding of truck and trailer electronic braking systems (EBS) of drivers. He discusses the training day held by Knorr-Bremse at the Driver Education Centre of Australia...
- Bendix to add adaptive cruise control and collision mitigation. // Fleet Equipment;May2006, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p26
The article reports on the strategic alliance between Robert Bosch and Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems and Knorr-Bremse for the development of driver assistance systems used in commercial vehicles in 2006. Key issues discussed include the terms of the alliance, as well as the features of...
- Technical News. // Motor Transport;1/26/2006, p8
The article presents news in the transportation industry as of January 2006. A decline is experienced by the Western European trailer market in 2005. It was forecasted that 2007-2009 will be record years. Exports to Eastern Europe is expected to drive the growth. Also in the news is the...
- SUPPLY BRIEFS. // Railway Age;Jun2013, Vol. 214 Issue 6, p10
The article offers news briefs in the global railway industry including the inauguration by Knorr-Bremse of its new Rail Vehicle Systems facility in Westminster, Maryland on May 9, 2013, and the hosting by Union Pacific (UP) and GATX Corp. of the ethanol rail safety conference in the U.S.
- Between a Rock and a hard place. // Modern Railways;Nov2010, Vol. 67 Issue 746, p30
The article announces that staff from Knorr-Bremse of Melksham have completed a cycling event through France and Spain to reach Gibraltar in September 2010.
- Braking new ground. // Automotive News;4/19/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5495, Insight. p2i
Reports on AlliedSignal Inc.'s and Knorr-Bremse AG's plan for a joint venture on truck brake controls. Specifications of deal; Predicted annual sales.
- Braking systems condition monitoring agreement. // Noise & Vibration Worldwide;Dec2007, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p6
The article evaluates the IMx-R braking system from SKF and Knorr-Bremse.
- WHITEHORSE COUNCIL PUTS TEBS TO THE TEST. // Diesel;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p16
The article evaluates the Trailer Electronic Braking System (TEBS) from Knorr Bremse AG.
- Electronically-controlled sand in Wien. // Railway Gazette International;Oct2007, Vol. 163 Issue 10, p662
The article offers information on an electronically-controlled sanding system for ultra-low-floor (ULF) trams and vehicles developed by Knorr-Bremse.