- Selective Surgery. Falvey, Kevin // Boating;Jan2009, Vol. 82 Issue 1, p32
The article underscores that it is necessary to regularly check the oil filter of a motorboat's engine to avoid further damage and to assure that the engine is in running condition.
- Efficient oil filter disposal. // Motor Equipment News;Mar2011, p29
This article provides information on the proper disposal of used motor oils and oil filters, and information about the works of New Zealand's Environmental Recovery Services (ERS), a commercial used automotive oil and lubricant collection agent.
- Engine Oils. // Fleet Owner;Oct98, Vol. 93 Issue 10, p176
Cites information on various types of engine oils, which can be used in trucks. Identification of various brand names; Who their manufacturers are; Special characteristics of the oils.
- A BIT ON BYPASS OIL FILTRATION. // Overdrive;Apr2013, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p55
The article discusses how the bypass oil filter, an often overlooked add on to trucks can help improve the life of a truck engine.
- Oil filter sales shift to do-it-for-me market. // Discount Store News;2/23/98, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p35
Reports that oil filter sales has shifted to do-it-for-me market for 1997. Predictions on the total market growth for 1998; Introduction of premium products by filter makers; Effort of vendors to warrant the high price attached to premium filters.
- Engine oils. // Fleet Owner;Oct96, Vol. 91 Issue 10, p172
Presents specifications of truck engine oils. Brand name; SAE grades; API service classification; Special characteristics.
- TRUCK PRODUCTS. // Fleet Equipment;Mar2002, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p32
Presents new truck equipment and supplies of March 2002. Truck tires from Michelin Americas Truck Tires; LED Buzzer Alarm from Cole Hersee Co.; Silicon anti-drainback valve for light-duty oil filters from Wix Filtration Products.
- Kinetics of â€œAgingâ€ of Working Motor Oils. Tupotilov, N.; Ostrikov, V.; Zhilin, V. // Chemistry & Technology of Fuels & Oils;May2005, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p211
Studies the incorporation of antioxidants or neutralizing additives in motor oils. Role of additives in the wear of engine parts; Segments of the effect of antioxidant and alkaline additives; Importance of depleting antioxidants to restore the properties of the working lubricating oil.
- How far can you really go between oil and filter changes? // Eastern Door;10/1/2010, Vol. 19 Issue 38, Special section p6
The article offers information on the synthetic motor oils which can be used for extending the filter change intervals as well as the oil filters which could be applied in upgrading both the oil filter and motor oil.