Paint process is painstaking
- Optimize your airflow. Thomas, Al // Automotive Body Repair News;Aug2008, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p50
The article offers suggestions on how to properly maintain the paint booth. It suggests that all preparatory work should be done in a preparatory station, dedicate a small amount of time to clean the booth properly and maintaining good airflow by using more efficient and higher quality filters....
- Comparative Study of Spray Booth Filter System Efficiency. Darvin, Charles H.; Cox, Lyndon S.; Smith, Daryl // Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association (Air & Waste M;Mar99, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p339
During recent years, greater emphasis has been placed on the control of particulate emissions from painting operations. This has gained more importance as more is learned about the potential release of toxic metals to the atmosphere from painting operations. This has led to queries about the...
- Ford remakes paint process. Johnson, Mark // Automotive Body Repair News;Feb2006, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p10
This article describes the transformation of Detroit, Michigan-based Ford Motor Co.'s automobile painting process. The paint shop relies on novel paint formulas with increased solid-to-solvent ratio, technology that uses paint fumes for electric power generation, and a process where three paint...
- Put your pieces in place. Thomas, Al // Automotive Body Repair News;Dec2007, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p76
The article discusses the significance of establishing standard operating procedures (SOPs) in an automobile repair paint shop. It is inferred that by having a standard procedure, materials used in the repair process can also be saved. The author explained that it is important to find good...
- DÃ¼rr painting technology: Not just for car bodies. Knox, Jon // Automotive Industries;Oct2012, Vol. 192 Issue 10, Special section p1
The article focuses on painting technology from DÃ¼rr, a general contractor for a fully automatic paint shop for plastic parts for Volkswagen AG in Wolfsburg, Germany. According to the author, Volkswagen production line meets the requirements of small parts painting, which includes the...
- ADD-ONS THAT PAY OFF. Kelley, Sean // Overdrive;Jul2006, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p22
The article evaluates truck accessories that offer great return on investment that include auxiliary power units, oil bypass filter and onboard scales.
- Air and coolant filters. McGuffie-Schyhol, Deborah // Fleet Owner;Mar2009, Vol. 104 Issue 3, p56
The article discusses the growing importance and development of air and coolant filters in the truck industry in the U.S. Most fleet operators are seeing that filtration are now changing to gain greater capacities to extend its service interval. The WIX 42808 replacement filter of Bandoly has...
- Total Productive Maintenance in the Paint Shop. Meyer, Bob // Industrial Paint & Powder;Oct2004, Vol. 80 Issue 10, p48
Focuses on the concept of total productive maintenance in the paint shop. Elimination of a reactive management approach to process equipment failure; Improvement of product quality while reducing operational costs; Dismissal of unplanned process equipment nonperformance.
- Roobol on Painting. Roobol, Norman R. // Industrial Paint & Powder;Feb2002, Vol. 78 Issue 2, p28
Provides answers to questions about industrial paint. Properties and composition of high-grade paints; Tips to protect car paint from bugs.