Trailer shipments remain strong in first quarter
- Trailer orders fall sharply. // Fleet Owner Exclusive Insight;5/28/2015, p6
The article reports on the significant decline in trailer order activity in the U.S. in April 2015, impacting the dry van and flatbed segments.
- TransCore network's truckload freight volume registers highest single week. // Bulk Transporter Exclusive Insight;3/22/2011, p4
The article focuses on the report from TransCore Trendlines which shows the 12% increase of truckload freight availability on TransCore's DAT Network of load boards in the week ending March 5, 2011. It states that the report reflects the largest single load volume for a single week. It says that...
- Rebuilding trailers. // American Trucker;May2012, p10
The article reports that Fontaine Trailer is introducing a flatbed and intermodal chassis rebuild program that draws from its expertise rebuilding similar units under contract for the U.S. military.
- September Trailer Orders Crush Expectations: FTR. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;10/23/2015, p1
The article reports according to transport research firm FTR on above expectations trailer orders for September 2015 including high Dry-van trailer orders, Liquid tank orders, and slowing down in the flatbed truck orders.
- PUT DOWN THE DUCKIE! Jindel, Satish // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);5/12/2014, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p59
The author asserts that less-than-truckload (LTL) carriers seeking to improve profits to opt for straight trucks over big trailers in pickup and delivery operations. He discusses the operating costs incurred by LTL carriers from pickup and delivery operations, the change in the shipment profile...
- TransCore reports highest freight volume since October on spot market. // Bulk Transporter Exclusive Insight;2/14/2011, p8
The article focuses on the report of TransCore Inc. regarding truckload freight in the U.S. for the week ending February 5, 2011. It says that the report shows that the availability of truckload freight has increased on the spot market which led to the highest load volume since October 2010....
- ALL ABOARD. CRISSEY, JEFF; SMALLWOOD, DEAN // Commercial Carrier Journal;Apr2013, Vol. 170 Issue 4, p40
The article discusses an intermodal solution for flatbed freight for long-distance shipments developed by flatbed truckload carrier Boyd Bros. Transportation, winner of the 2013 "Commercial Carrier Journal" Innovator of the Year award. Built in collaboration with Canadian company Raildecks, the...
- Aluminum curtainside trailer. // American Trucker;Nov2013, p12
The article offers a preview of East Manufacturing's all-aluminum flatbed trailer with narrow-neck design.
- in brief. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Dec2009, Vol. 166 Issue 12, p18
This section offers news briefs on the trucking industry in the U.S. as of December 2009. An Open Deck Division for member carriers operating flatbed, gooseneck and other open specialized trailers has been established by the Truckload Carriers Association. The Bureau of Transportation Statistics...