Better the devil you know?
- MIDEAST-PEACE TALKS. // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);10/6/2010, Vol. 191 Issue 4954, p6
The article reports on the suspension of the negotiations between Palestine and Israel in light of the expiration of the Israeli settlement construction. It notes that Egypt has supported the Palestinian decision of rejecting negotiations to focus on the reconciliation between the secular Fatah,...
- Sanctions Against the Israeli Occupation: It's Time. Halper, Jef // Tikkun;May/Jun2005, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p38
Focuses on the efforts of the international community to end the Occupation of the West Bank and Gaza in Palestine. Criticism against the aim of Israel to displace Palestinians from the country; Use of sanctions, divestment and boycotts as a form of nonviolent pressure; Comments against the...
- ISRAEL-PALESTINIANS. // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);8/27/2010, Vol. 191 Issue 4926, p7
The article reports on the encounter between the Palestinian youths against the Settlers and soldiers in East Jerusalem on August 20, 2010.
- Editorial: Future Options…. AbuZayyad, Ziad // Palestine-Israel Journal of Politics, Economics & Culture;2007, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on the future options facing Palestinian-Israeli bilateral relations and another that talks about the possibility of bi-national state.
- Future Options Beyond Stagnation. Salem, Walid; Baskin, Gershon // Palestine-Israel Journal of Politics, Economics & Culture;2007, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p5
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one on the viability of the two-state solution and another on non-Palestinian state options such as annexation of territories by Israel.
- Can British activists solve Middle Eastern water conflicts using permaculture. Parry, William // Ecologist;Feb2011, Vol. 40 Issue 20, p6
The article discusses conflicts between Israel and the occupied Palestinian territories for natural resources including land and water resources owing to desertification and global warming. Israel is said to have increased restrictions on the accessibility that Palestinians have to such...
- PALESTINIANS-ARABS-STATE. // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);8/5/2011, Vol. 199 Issue 5148, p10
The article reports on an announcement by a technical committee, which is linked with the Arab Follow-Up Committee, regarding an action plan to lure international support for the statehood bid of Palestine at the United Nations (UN) General Assembly in September 2011. It says that the...
- UN RECOGNITION. // Middle East Reporter (Weekly Edition);8/20/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 1265, p13
The article reports on the efforts by the Palestinian Authority (PA) to seek statehood with the United Nations (UN) in September 2011. It says that the statehood request came after the failure of the direct Palestinian-Israeli negotiation and the uprisings in the Arab world for democratic...
- Operation Impunity. Galeano, Eduardo // Progressive;Mar2009, Vol. 73 Issue 3, p12
The article focuses on the issues concerning the war between Israel and Palestine. It states that Palestinians have lived condemned to perpetual humiliation since 1948 since they have lost their country and their freedom. Meanwhile, Israel has never complied with the resolutions of the United...