THROUGH THE WIRE
- MCN'S MOST READ. // Multichannel News;2/16/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p36
A list of the top articles on Multichannel.com from February 12-19, 2015 is presented, including "The Bauminator: Sling TV--Now Comes the Hard Part," "Comcast's TVE App Expands to 70-Plus Live Channels," and "Sling TV to Offer Epix."
- In webcast and tweets, MTV tries a new awards show. // Chicago Citizen - Hyde Park Edition;5/4/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p16
The article focuses on the O Music Awards, a digital music webcast event launched by Music Television Networks (MTV), aired on Facebook, MTV websites, and other mobile applications to adopt the digital music culture and innovations.
- MTV gets stitched up. // Televisual;Jun2010, p25
The article reports on the move of the media studio MTV Studios to air the television program "Emabrrassing Bodies" via the Internet.
- In webcast and tweets, MTV tries a new awards show. // Chicago Citizen - South End Edition;5/4/2011, Vol. 44 Issue 13, p12
A webcast featuring the first O Music Awards of MTV Networks aired on April 28, 2011 is discussed.
- Comcast Dials Up Strong Numbers. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;4/30/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 18, p1
The article reports on the financial performance of cable operator Comcast Corp. for the first quarter of 2007 in the U.S. The company tallied a 12 percent increase in revenue and a 14 percent rise in cash flow. According to chief operating officer (COO) Steve Burke, the cable company added 1.8...
- BUZZ IN BRIEF. // Multichannel News;4/2/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p26
The article offers news briefs related to multichannel communication in the U.S. such as the free Xfinity Voice Unlimited Nationwide plan offered by Comcast Corp., and the decline of flat-panel television (TV) shipments from 2012-2015, according to IHS iSuppli.
- THROUGH THE WIRE. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;10/14/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 41, p4
Reports developments in cable television industry in the U.S. as of October 2002. Cause on the postponement of Comcast Corp.'s program; Details on the breast cancer benefit concert by Lifetime Television; Plans on an interactive program of Nickelodeon.
- MTV Courts Comcast. Lasswell, Mark // Broadcasting & Cable;8/22/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 34, p7
Discusses a partnership deal being offered by MTV Networks to television cable operator Comcast in 2005. Details on the planned lifestyle network being developed by MTV and Comcast.
- THROUGH THE WIRE. Hearn, Ted; Haugsted, Linda; Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;3/20/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p46
Presents an update on issues related to telecommunication in the U.S. as of March 20, 2006. Agreement between Research in Motion Ltd. and NTP Inc. to settle a patent suit on March 3; Details of the hacking of the fiber optic cable of Comcast Corp. in Sacramento, California; Information on the...