PEOPLE & CALENDAR
- PEOPLE & CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;4/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p24
Presents news briefs on the personnel changes and conventions by several broadcasting companies in the U.S. in 2004. Appointment of Gary Testa as vice president of worldwide sales at Aurora Networks; Information on Connections 2004: The Digital Home Conference & Showcase by the Consumer...
- DOLANS DISAPPOINT. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/12/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 32, p1
Focuses on the meeting between the investors and market analysts of Cablevision Systems Corp. in New York. Views of fund manager Salvatore Muoio on the discussion; Plans of chief executive officer James Dolan on the company; Failure of Cablevision to clarify its operational expectations and...
- Dolan's Digital World. Paskowski, Marianne // Multichannel News;11/12/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 46, p40
Reports on the participation of Cablevision Systems Corp. chairman Chuck Dolan at the Cable and Telecommunications Association for Marketing Broadband Opportunity conference in Northern Virginia. Opinion on interactive optimum rollout; Reason on use of digital platform of Sony Corp.; Impact of...
- Dolan Ready to Meet Holders. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/11/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 31, p22
The article offers information on the Cablevision System's meeting with shareholders.
- Space invader Voom rattles Cablevision. Schachter, Ken // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/31/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 47, p1A
Reports on the launching of broadcast satellite service by Cablevision System Corp. in New York. Expansion of the client base; Enhancement of customer services; Maintenance of the competitive edge.
- V.O.D. Confidential. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;3/4/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 9, p14
Focuses on the evolution of video-on-demand (VOD) for broadcasting in the U.S. Estimate on the number of the digital video subscribers and the VOD enabled subscribers; Comments of cable operators on VOD; Reaction of the Cablevision Systems customer on VOD systems.
- Dolan blasts programming restrictions. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;09/21/98, Vol. 128 Issue 39, p105
Focuses on how Charles Dolan, chairman of Cablevision Systems Corp. criticized the United States government and network restrictions on cable operator's ability to program their system at a dinner meeting conducted by Walter Kaitz Foundation in New York, New York. Goals of the meeting;...
- Shift in Time KOs the Guide. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;3/24/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p34
The article focuses on a controversial issue between the Cablevision Systems Corp., an American cable television company and its subscribers which involved subscribers turning their clocks back one hour on March 9, 2014 which affected interactive cable guide and identification of cable shows.
- Cablevision Growth Slows. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/19/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 20, p3
Reports on the pace of business growth of the Cablevision Systems Corp. video operations. Loss of subscribers following the dispute over the carriage of the Yankees Entertainment and Sports Network; Decline in the purchase of services by customers; Percentage of the operating cash flow of the...