Mediacom Buying Back Pricey Senior Notes
- Mediacom Starts Stock-Buyback Program. // Multichannel News;05/29/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p48
Reports that Middletown, New York-based Mediacom Communications Corp. has initiated a stock-buy-back program with the approval of a plan to repurchase up to $50 million of its class-A common stock.
- Mediacom gets into IPO game. Higgins // Broadcasting & Cable;11/22/99, Vol. 129 Issue 48, p37
Reports on Middletown, New York-based Mediacom Communications Corp.'s plans for an initial public offering (IPO). Amount the company intends to raise from the offering; Company's plan to expand its portfolio of rural and small-town cable systems.
- Mediacom founder in go-private mode. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter;6/2/2010, Vol. 414 Issue 46, p2
The article reports that Mediacom Communications Corp. has received a nonbinding proposal from founder, chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) Rocco Commisso for going private at 6 dollars a share in cash.
- Mediacom announces proposed public offerings of common stock. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;6/18/2001-6/25/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p21
Reports the plan of Mediacom Communications Corporation's proposed public offerings of common stock. Aggregate gross proceeds; Company's acquisitions of the AT&T systems; Overview of the company.
- QUICK HITS. // Multichannel News;1/7/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p31
The article offers news briefs related to the telecommunication industry in the U.S. The funds controlled by Mario Gabelli, cable investment expert, have built on the stock of Young Broadcasting Inc. Media analyst Richard Greenfield has raised his rating on Mediacom Communications Corp. In-Stat...
- Mediacom Buys Out Longtime Backer. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;9/15/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 36, p10
The article reports that Mediacom Communications Corp. will repurchase its 30 percent outstanding stock from Shivers Investments, an affiliate of Morris Communications Corp. in the U.S. The deal involves a tax-free split off, wherein Shivers will own 100 percent shares of a new Mediacom...
- Key Mediacom Date: Sept. 7. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;7/26/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 29, p36
The article reports on the flow of the process for Mediacom Communications' privatization by its chief executive officer (CEO) Rocco Commisso with the expected closing of the deal on September 7, 2010.
- More Holders Tender Mediacom Notes. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;9/14/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 37, p16
The article reports that Middletown, New York-based cable service provider Mediacom Communications has managed to get additional bondholders to tender their notes after the early deadline on a recent tender offer in September 2009. The tender that expired on September 8, 2009 offered cash for...
- The way out. Rayney, Peter // Accountancy;May2001, Vol. 127 Issue 1293, p122
Examines the importance of careful planning to ensure the desired tax treatment for the company's share buy-backs. Challenges associated in the direct acquisition of shares of a retiring shareholder; Factors to consider in purchasing buy-back shares; Treatment of a company's purchase of own...