New Universal Mandate
- FCC issues update on video dial tone. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;11/14/94, Vol. 227 Issue 20, p10
Reports on the Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) report and order on the rules governing telephone company division of video dial tone services. Cable and telephone industry complaints with the earlier 1992 report; Cable industry's pleas for further anti-competitive safeguards to be...
- IN BRIEF. // Broadcasting & Cable;06/04/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 24, p47
Reports developments related to telecommunication regulation in the United States as of June 2001. Refusal of the request of RCN by the US Federal Communications Commission; Provision of federal loans for cable companies; Delay in the reconsideration of a pole-attachment formula for cable...
- Cable pleased with national phone regulations. McConnell, Chris // Broadcasting & Cable;8/05/96, Vol. 126 Issue 33, p20
Reports on cable television companies' satisfaction over the US Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) regulations on the opening of the local telephone market to competitors. Cable companies' call for the establishment of boundaries on prices telecommunication companies charge for...
- At the Portals:. // CableFAX Daily;8/11/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 155, p1
The article reports on the support of the National Cable Television Association to the plans of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to extend USF obligations to interconnected Voice Over Internet Protocol providers. The association, however, believes that the FCC should change its...
- VDT opponents hope to raise new hurdles. Stern, Christopher // Broadcasting & Cable;5/23/94, Vol. 124 Issue 21, p103
Reports on the New Jersey Cable Television Association and the National Cable Television Association's call for Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to investigate possible violations of video dialtone (VDT) rules by telephone companies. Cable industry's allegation that Bell Atlantic...
- Stalking the IP golden egg. Lafferty, Michael // CED;Apr2000, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p46
Reports on the competition to provide Internet Protocol (IP) telephony. Conversion into reality of the voice over Internet Protocol through cable television networks; Advantages of IP telephony aside from cost savings; Issues concerning standards, service and other problems.
- Operators Kick the Tires on Voice-Encryption Strategies. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;2/17/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p31
Focuses on the display of a cable telephony voice-encryption service at Cable Television Laboratories Inc.'s conference by cable operators Nuera Communications Inc., Syndeo Corp. and InnoMedia Inc. Advantages of voice encryption service; Compliance of CableLabs standards by the...
- The mother of all networks. Tudor, Geoffrey; Young, Holland // CED;Aug2002, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p73
Reports on the efforts of cable television operators to expand their business beyond service transport technologies. Planned migration to a unified all-Internet Protocol (IP) network topology; Transition to a unified IP network.
- Comcast Rises to VolP Challenge. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;9/9/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p3
Reports the legitimacy of Internet-protocol telephony in the cable industry in the U.S. Requisite research for the technology; Reduction of capital expenditures; Security of capital investment of the industry.