1 Gigahertz Talk Renews at Conference
- Protecting content in the digital era. // Multichannel News;9/6/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 36, Special section p50
Discusses the use of broadcast content protection technologies in the U.S. cable industry. Importance of conditional access and digital rights management to the industry; Function of the Service Video Processor; Advantages of the content protection technology developed by NDS Group plc.
- Cable must focus on competition. Katz, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;10/21/96, Vol. 126 Issue 44, p50
Focuses on the issues concerning cable television discussed at the 1996 Atlantic Cable Show in Baltimore, Maryland. Impact of cable's competition with the telecommunication companies; Stock market prospects for cable companies; Comment by Thomas Baxter, president of Comcast Cable Communications.
- Still Looking to the Future. Hall, Lee // Television Week;12/1/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 48, p19
Focuses on the history of the Western Show of the cable television industry in the U.S. Reason for establishing the trade show; Details of the first Western Show in 1968 in San Diego, California; Significance of the show in launching new services and technologies.
- NCTA posits bright light, stark reality. Dempsey, John // Variety;05/11/98, Vol. 371 Issue 1, p163
Presents information on the 1998 National Cable Show in Atlanta. Benefits of digital technology for televiewers; How John Malone, chairman of Tele-Communications Incorporated, regards the digital revolution; Argument of the American government regarding the digital plan of the broadcasters.
- Indie Nets Face Barren Landscape. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/9/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p28
A group of new and independently owned cable networks plan to launch alternatives to cable operators' digital-cable platforms, within next 12 months, as of June 9, 2003. Having an array of financial backers, reasonable rate-card fees and content, these entrepreneurs believe operators are...
- Atlantic Show delves into digital. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;10/12/98, Vol. 17 Issue 42, p3
Reports on the Atlantic Cable Show in Baltimore, Maryland in October 1998. Titles of sessions; Show highlights; Lineup of speakers.
- Subdued selling at MIPCOM market. Amdur, Meredith; Checketts, Peter // Broadcasting & Cable;10/18/93, Vol. 123 Issue 42, p26
Reports on announcements made by cable television networks and other happenings at the MIPCOM market in Cannes, France. New World International's `The Spectacular Spider Man' shows slated for fall 1994; Merger of Tele-Communications and Bell Atlantic; Expected wave of strategic alliances among...
- One more time in Anaheim. // CED;Jan2004, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p54
Highlights the technology focus of the Western Show in Anaheim, California. Developments about IP telephony, high-definition television and advanced digital video recorders; Announcement by Sprint Corp. regarding a partnership with Time Warner Cable Inc.; Demonstration of the progress of...
- Reach or Frequency Debate. Chunovic, Louis // Television Week;4/14/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 15, p7
Focuses on the development of the Turner Multidimensional Analytic Platform. Developers of the platform; Information on the broadcast-reach debate between cable television operators and broadcasters; Uniqueness of Millennium III system.