Cartoon Sends Message
- Profile: Cartoon Network. Smith, Byron // B&T Weekly;4/2/2004, Vol. 54 Issue 2466, p23
Reports on developments concerning the Cartoon Network in Australia as of April 2, 2004. Plans of the cartoon channel to launch several shows in Australia; Cartoon Network's plan to position itself as the destination for those who like contemporary cartoons; Competition between Boomerang and...
- Cartoon gets 'Code' James, Alison // Daily Variety;3/9/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 52, p12
Reports that Cartoon Network has acquired the half-hour animated kids show "Code Lyoko" from France's Antefilms Production. Second deal between Cartoon Network and the Gallic toon house; New series, aimed at 6- to 12-year-olds, which follows four friends who are action heroes in the virtual...
- found art. // Advertising Age;6/8/1998, Vol. 69 Issue 23, p54
The article features the advertising campaign of Lee Hunt Associates for Toon Disney network. It is noted that the 24-hour cable network is a showcase for Walt Disney Co.'s library of animated television programming. The campaign features Disney characters that interact with the logo created by...
- Japan will soon `toon in.' // Christian Science Monitor;6/12/97, Vol. 89 Issue 138, p12
Presents information on Cartoon Network Japan, Japan's first 24-hour cartoon channel. When airing will begin; Features of the channel; Comments made by Mike Byrd, managing director of Turner Broadcasting System Asia Pacific Incorporated.
- MTV TOONS UP 3 SKEINS. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;1/23/2002, Vol. 274 Issue 39, p14
Reports on the commitments of MTV to three animated series for the second half of 2002, namely, 'Spiderman,' 'The Freshman' and 'Clone High.' Entities responsible for the production of 'Spiderman'; Creators and executive producers of 'Clone High.'
- Cartoon balloons. McAdams // Broadcasting & Cable;10/04/99, Vol. 129 Issue 41, p36
Reports on the rise of the national ratings of Cartoon Network in the third quarter of 1999. Success of original cartoon program `Johnny Bravo'; Nickleodeon's domination of cable television's top 25 animated programs; Popularity of Cartoon Network's programs to pre-school audience.
- Cartoon Net Goes Bonkers with Promos. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;07/03/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 27, p15
Focuses on the promotion of animated television shows from Cartoon Network scheduled for the summer of 2000. Giveaways and collectibles for the program `Powerpuff Girls'; Food-related promotion of the network together with advertising sponsors.
- Discovery Toons It Up. Schmuckler, Eric // MediaWeek;4/7/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 14, p5
Reports on the plan of Discovery Kids on NBC to add two animation shows in its programming. Efforts of the cable channel to improve its ratings; Information on the animated shows; Significance of animation to the cable channel's marketing.
- Cartoon 'toons up for '98. Petrozzello, Donna // Broadcasting & Cable;12/01/97, Vol. 127 Issue 49, p45
States that the Cartoon Network, a cable television network, is bringing back well known strips and original cartoon series and features for 1998. Details on an additional eight animated series due to the acquistions between Cartoon Network and other television networks; Identification of the...