Horror's 'Shadow' Play
- Fixed-Broadband Charging Models Miss the Mark. COLLINS, STEPHEN // Multichannel News;7/8/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 27, p27
The author discusses the usage-based and speed-based plans of providing broadband connection to customers and suggesting that bandwidth based plan should be implemented to provide customers with good and useful broadband services.
- MobiData. Shaw, Andy // Web User;3/12/2014, Issue 340, p23
The article evaluates the data-only mobile-broadband service MobiData.
- Gaining Clarity. Baumgartner, Jeff // CED;Oct2002, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p23
Comments on the emergence of bandwidth management techniques and tools that can help broadband communication operators in their quest to peer deeper into their networks, unclog bottlenecks and build more effective high-speed services. Explanation of the schools of though for bandwidth...
- Tracking the bandwidth gluttons. Ellis, Leslie // CED;Oct2002, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p74
Examines strategies to determine the causes of overloading bandwidth capacity in broadband communication systems. Portrayal of predictable usage patterns; Traffic patterns that reflect local phenomena; symmetry trends and Trojan horse applications.
- Reining in bandwidth hogs. Schnitzer, Jason // CED;Oct2002, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p78
Explains strategies for monitoring bandwidth consumption in broadband communication systems. Approach for uncapping the bandwidth masses; Determination of market drivers for bandwidth bootleggers; Identification of holes in cable dragnet.
- Monitoring Your Bandwidth Use. Hayward, David // Micro Mart;9/25/2014, Issue 1331, p60
The article offers step-by-step instructions for monitoring bandwidth use.
- Broadband:. // CableFAX Daily;9/14/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 178, p3
The article reports on the deal between The Horror Channel and NBCU's broadband division, NBBC that will enable the channel to connect with distributors, Web publishers and advertisers. The deal also makes content from NBC, its affiliates and other NBBC partners available in HorrorChannel.com.
- When is a service provider not a carrier? Johnson, Johna Till // Network World;9/24/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 39, p34
Analyzes the reasons behind the continued rise in the cost of providing, delivering and monitoring bandwidth despite the increased commodification of bandwidth. Service providers' sale of bandwidth packaging; Requirement of companies in low-margin industries for highly scalable, efficient and...
- Untitled. Grant, Ian // Computer Weekly;10/26/2010, p26
The article focuses on Cisco's third annual broadband quality survey of 72 countries and 239 cities, which ranked Great Britain at number 18. It is stated that speeds for downloads and uploads as well as latency was measured in the study. It is mentioned that the top country for both quality and...