Speeding Up to 100-Mbps
- Cablevision selects Harmonic's NSG. // CED;Sep2001, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p12
Focuses on the selection of the Harmonic Narrowcast Services Gateway (NSG) 8100 to support the video-on-demand (VOD) product from Cablevision System Corp. in New York. Schedule of the launching of the product; Advancement of the integration of VOD and NSG to the cable system operation; Features...
- Cablevision plans 5 percent price hike. Abelson, Ben // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/29/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 54, p9A
Reports on Cablevision Systems Corp.'s decision to increase its cable television prices in 2003 in New York State. Higher programming costs; Increased investment in customer service; Changes in channel lineups.
- Cablevision hopes its local programming hooks viewers. Cook, Bob // Crain's Cleveland Business;11/25/96, Vol. 17 Issue 48, p9
Reports that Cablevision Systems Corp. is inserting programming onto its MuchMusic USA music video channel for customers in Cleveland, Ohio. Background information on the company; Program description; Local break-ins on national cable networks.
- Cablevision has lion's share of Westchester's cable market. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;06/16/97, Vol. 36 Issue 24, p2
Reports that Cablevision Systems Corp. has the largest share of Westchester County, New York's cable market. Acquisition of TCI Cable of Westchester and nine other local systems; Announcement of unchanged cable rates; Schedule of pending programming changes; Consolidation of TCI customer list...
- Cablevision launches regional line up. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);08/10/98, Vol. 45 Issue 32, p13A
Announces Cablevision Systems' launching of a package of cable programs produced in Long Island, New York by Rainbow Media Holding Inc. last August 5, 1998.
- Cable TV tries to meet satellite competition with interactive service. Savitt, Roger // Fairfield County Business Journal;4/7/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 14, p24
Reports on the satellite competitiveness of cable television for interactive services in the U.S. Concept of Interactive Optimum (iO) introduced by Cablevision; Automation of home Internet access via cable television; Range of iO digital cable services.
- Cablevision bows ambitious digital service. // CED;Nov2001, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p20
Announces the launch of Interactive Optimum (iO) service by Cablevision Systems Corp. in Western Long Island, New York. Services offered; Equipments used; Schedule of cable installation; Installation package offered.
- Cablevision Systems announces key expansion. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/01/99, Vol. 46 Issue 40, p6A
Announces Cablevision's pursuit of strategic alternatives for the operation of its cable television systems in Boston, Massachusetts, and Cleveland, Ohio.
- Cablevision cash flow up. J.M. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/29/96, Vol. 126 Issue 19, p84
Reports on the increase of Cablevision Systems Corporation's operating cash flow for the first quarter of 1996 ending March 31st. Increase of cash from 5.8%; Factor which contributed to increase; Company's net loss for quarter in 1995; Rise in net revenues; Number of cable subscribers company...