Are You (In)Secure?
- The wine seller. Scarpa, James // Restaurant Business;3/1/96, Vol. 95 Issue 4, p170
Focuses on the philosophy of Mary Ross, principal of Chicago, Illinois-based Mary Ross & Associates, on the importance of teaching the right mental attitude to restaurant wine servers. Ross' background in the wine-serving industry; Value of a well-trained service staff to a profitable and smooth...
- Moving to the head of the class. Schechter, Mitchell // Food Management;Dec97, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p12
No abstract available.
- A Recipe for Food Safety Training. Hernandez, Jorge // Food Management;Jan2001, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p86
Focuses on safety training for food service industry. Opportunity of employees to learn while receiving feedback from the instructor and sharing experiences with classmates; Identification of training programs; Evaluation of the training program.
- National Certified Professional Food Manager (CPFM) certification program. // Journal of Environmental Health;Jan/Feb1997, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p34
Reports that the National Assessment Institute has developed a training system for the food service industry called the National Certified Professional Food Manager Program. Modules.
- Time as well as money is needed to attract, train and retain future leaders. // Nation's Restaurant News;09/20/99, Vol. 33 Issue 38, p23
Editorial. Focuses on the need for time and money to attract, train and retain future leaders in the food service industry in the United States. 10 million grant received by California Polytechnic University; Commitment of James and Carol Collins.
- Food certification training course set. // Malakoff News (TX);4/12/2013, Vol. 104 Issue 15, p3
A description of the course for professional food manager certification being offered by Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service in Henderson County, Texas is provided.
- A running start for tomorrow's operators. LaVecchia, Gina // Food Management;Aug97, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p22
Features the Aliso Niguel High School Culinary Arts Academy of the Capistrano Unified School District in Orange County, California. Provision of a training program for the workforce for foodservice careers; Offer of training in culinary and hospitality management skills; Tailoring of facilities...
- Tapping a human resource: Restaurants fight labor crunch with training programs. Zuber, Amy // Nation's Restaurant News;7/08/96, Vol. 30 Issue 26, p33
Focuses on the innovative training and retention programs developed by different restaurants in the United States in an effort too fight the labor crunch. Strong competition seen in attracting and maintaining employees; Benefits of a well-crafted training program for employees and customer...
- Look beyond foodservice for learning tools. Liddle, Alan, // Nation's Restaurant News;06/09/97, Vol. 31 Issue 23, p74
Focuses on educational and training resources on food service training. Impact of the rapidly changing technologies on food service training; Tapping into television programs and news presentations to make training more relevant to employees; Description of sources for free or low-cost training...