- A Square Meal. Mattinson, Adrian // North & South;Mar2005, Issue 228, p126
Features the SalutÃ© restaurant in Greytown, New Zealand. Menus offered; Price of desserts.
- The Filter: Dining. // Texas Monthly;Jun2006, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p146
The article presents information on several restaurants in Texas. The menus served at Carolina's Wood-Fired Italian in Amarillo are mentioned, including chicken parmigiana. The cost of food at Buenos Aires Cafe in Austin is cited. Description of the dining room at Driskill Grill is provided. The...
- Fruits of labor. Duecy, Erica // Nation's Restaurant News;6/20/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 25, p33
The article reports that chefs around the United States are adding unexpected flavor to both sweet and savory dishes by grilling and roasting fruits. Peaches, plums and pineapples are just a few of the fruit varieties making appearances on menus. At the fine-dining restaurant Chanterelle in New...
- First-Rate French Food and Delicious Desserts. Dorsen, David // Washingtonian Magazine;Apr2004, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p149
Features the Le Tire Bouchon restaurant. Description of the meat dishes at the restaurant; Desserts offered; Prices of the food. INSET: LE TIRE BOUCHON.
- Chinwag. Chin, Thomas // Food Service;Sep2007, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p64
The author offers suggestions on how to properly manage and offers liquid desserts. He suggests serving a single malt Scotch alongside bread pudding or a snifter of Cognac with a chocolate and berry dessert. He adds that no matter which after-dinner drinks is served, one has to be sure to...
- Restaurants make dough with fair fare. Jennings, Lisa // Nation's Restaurant News;7/25/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 30, p1
Reports on the increased number of fine-dining restaurants in the United States that are offering funnel cakes. Process of making funnel cakes; Reasons behind the popularity of funnel cakes; Average price of a funnel cake; Restaurants that have included funnel cakes in their menu.
- NEW DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;7/26/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 30, p72
Presents news briefs concerning culinary offerings of various restaurants in the United States. Victory of Johnny V. restaurant in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, at the Tropical Fruit Drinks Competition sponsored by the Tropical Fruit Growers of South Florida; Christine Law's celebration of National...
- Fruitful Endings. Friedland, Ann // Food Management;Apr2005, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p56
The article presents information on items of fruits and fruit dessert. At Wellmont Holston Valley Medical Center in Kingsport, Tennessee, Chef Armand Celentano menus both purchased and homemade fruit cobblers, pies, turnovers, crisps, trifles, strudels, dump cakes and fools. Fruit desserts are...
- GIVE AND RECEIVE. Carterz, Robert // Foodservice & Hospitality;Nov2012, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p11
The article discusses various opportunities for the foodservice operators to boost their growth by utilizing the holidays and festive seasons. It suggests that focus should be given to the promotion of wide range of menu options, appetizers and desserts to attract more consumers. It further...