- GOING Fungal! Furstenau, Nina // Missouri Life;Apr2011, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p76
The article offers information on mushroom hunting activities of wild-mushroom hunters Michael Gebhardt and Denise Gebhardt in Missouri. It states that they become adept at waiting for the right time after a few rainy days between March and November to go hunting for wild-mushrooms. It mentions...
- Mesoamerica and South America. // Economic Botany;Nov2008, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p403
Photographs of several edible wild mushrooms in Mexico and Guatemala are presented.
- Back Trails. Raykovicz, Mike // New York State Conservationist;Aug2015, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p32
In this article, the author focuses on honey mushrooms, a type of wild mushrooms which are also known as Popinki. Topics discussed include the author's interest in nature being developed while picking blueberries with his parents as a child, Popinki being found in New York from...
- FLAVORFUL, NUTRITIOUS AND MAINSTREAM: MUST-HAVE MUSHROOMS. Fiss, Mary Lassen // FoodService Director;10/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p58
Presents advice for food-service operators on offering mushroom dishes on their menus. Nutritional content of mushrooms; Uses of mushrooms in cooking; Factors to consider in purchasing mushrooms; Examples of mushroom dishes.
- Caterer loves. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;10/19/2006, Vol. 196 Issue 4447, p42
This article presents information on mushroom cookery in Great Britain. Although the heavy rains in August were met by most of us with moans and groans, mushroom lovers were rubbing their hands with glee. There are around 6,000 types of mushroom to be found in the countryside, ranging from the...
- For many chefs, it's sunrise for portobellos. Ruggless, Ron // Nation's Restaurant News;5/13/96, Vol. 30 Issue 19, p47
Reports on the growing popularity of portobello mushrooms in restaurants all over the United States. Characteristics of portobellos that make them attractive for customers; Variety of ways that portobellos are cooked and served; Background on how the mushrooms are grown.
- Mushroom Mania. Boorstin, Sharon // Restaurant Hospitality;Jan2001, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p76
Focuses on mushroom cookery. Types of mushrooms which are commonly found in restaurant menus; Information on portobello mushrooms; Details on the different preparations for the portobello mushrooms.
- Wild muschrooms on toast. // Caterer (2055-7817);10/17/2014, p46
A recipe for London's The Social Eating House's wild mushrooms on toast is presented.
- Mushrooms. // Good Housekeeping;Nov2011, Vol. 252 Issue 11, p155
A recipe for mixed mushroom pasta is presented along with instructions on how to clean and season mushrooms.