- RDs on the rise. // FoodService Director;6/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p27
Presents opinion of food industry executives on the role of registered dietitians in foodservice in the U.S. Debra Lee, foodservice director at the Concordia College in Moorhead, Minnesota; Mary O'Connell, director of food and nutrition at the United Odd Fellow & Rebekah Nursing Home in Bronx,...
- Tundra Burgers and Eskimo Ice Cream. Freedman, Donna // Food Management;Feb2004, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p16
Focuses on foodservice at the Alaska Native Medical Center in Anchorage, Alaska. Traditional-foods menu; Sources of the medical center's food; Changes in the traditional-foods menu; Addition of Agutaq or Eskimo Ice Cream to the list; Dietitians' signing off on all patient food requests.
- Dietiticians can help hospitals avoid situations that lead to malnutrition. Levenson, Deborah // AHA News;06/14/99, Vol. 35 Issue 23, p5
Reports the results of a study which suggested that dietitians can help hospitals avoid situations that lead to malnutrition. Benefits of medical nutrition therapy; Recommendations from the researchers; Legislation introduced by Senator Jeff Bingaman and Representative Nancy Johnson.
- STEAL THIS IDEA. // FoodService Director;5/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p18
The article presents several food service ideas. At Sacred Heart Hospital in Eau Claire, Wisconsin, leftover food from both the patient line and cafeteria were donated to a food bank. Unused and over issue food products in the inventory of Brooke Army Medical Center were used to create a...
- In Memoriam. // Canadian Journal of Dietetic Practice & Research;Summer2014, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p88
No abstract available.
- Retail Rookie of the Year. Lefebvre, Joanna // Food Management;Jan2007, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p28
This article presents an interview with Beth Bauters, a registered dietitian and a retail manager at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City, Iowa. She explains how she integrates dietetics into retail management. Bauters believes that being flexible is what makes her...
- Healthy Eating is a Virtue. King, Paul // FoodService Director;10/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p24
The article deals with the marketing campaign for Virtues, a hospital-based restaurant launched by Summa Health Systems in Akron, Ohio. The campaign began at the end of August 2006 with a special media dinner, attended by about 40 newspaper, magazine and TV people from more than a dozen media...
- At Cravings MGM Mirage desired to put new spin on buffet concept. Lohmeyer, Lori // Nation's Restaurant News;7/26/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 30, p34
Focuses on Cravings restaurant, a project of designer Adam Tihany, at the MGM Mirage in Las Vegas, Nevada, offering a buffet-dining experience. Interior design; Presence of several open kitchens were customers can watch chefs preparing such menu options as wood-fired-oven pizza, chicken tamales...
- Regional favorites win sales. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p128
Presents information on some of the most popular meats which are chosen to prepare breakfasts in the United States, highlighting the breakfasts prepared at the Providence Health Center, Waco, Texas. Reference to the burritos which are made at the facility; Costs of the burritos; Information on...