Packing It In
- Boost recycling by using simple descriptions - Survey. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Jan2017, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p60
The article discusses the Foodservice Packaging Institute (FPI)'s web-based survey on homeowners in the U.S. revealing recyclers need to stay away from industry jargon to help boost recycling of food service packaging, and views of Lynn Dyer of FPI, on the survey.
- It's all in the packaging: FPI Awards honor consumer-friendly designs. Perkins, Caroline // Nation's Restaurant News;11/22/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 47, p60
Reports on the satisfaction of customers with take out, take home or delivery experience is associated with packaging. Priority of the awardees of the recent Foodservice & Packaging Institute; Award received by KFC; Impact of quality packaging on the cost of the product.
- FPI predicts sales increase, identifies challenges. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/8/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 32, p102
Focuses on the study by the Foodservice & Packaging Institute Inc. which predicted the increases in three quarters of single-use foodservice packaging converters in North America and Europe. Implication of the study in the optimism of foodservice packaging industry; Consideration of compression...
- Single-use range is compostable. // Packaging Magazine;12/9/2004, Vol. 7 Issue 22, p10
Reports that Huhtamaki Oyj has introduced a complete range of single-use cold drink cups, plates, containers and cutlery that are based on renewable raw materials and compostable after use.
- FPI adds plastics recycling unit. Verespej, Mike // Plastics News;7/16/2012, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p0003
The article discusses how the plastics organization Foodservice Packaging Institute (FPI) created the Plastics Recovery Group recycling unit as of July 2012. Topics include how the FPI formed the group to initiate recovery of food-service plastic packaging, how limited infrastructure inhibits...
- Report touts used food-service recycling. Johnson, Jim // Plastics News;1/6/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p0013
The article reports on the results of a survey, sponsored by the Foodservice Packaging Institute, which revealed that food-service packaging in the U.S. can be recycled. Topics discussed include reason why food-service items are not routinely recycled, survey's conclusion that the food-service...
- Is Optimism Rising? Hertzeld, Esther // Paperboard Packaging;Mar2010, Vol. 95 Issue 2, pP3
In this article, the author discusses the optimism in the foodservice packaging industry in the U.S. Based on the survey conducted by Foodservice Packaging Institute Inc., 82 percent of foodservice packaging manufacturers in North America expect their sales to be better in 2010 compared to the...
- Foodservice Packaging Subject of Study. // Paper, Film & Foil Converter;Nov2007, Vol. 81 Issue 11, p16
The article announces the publication of "Market Research Study on Foodservice Packaging Products" by the Foodservice Packaging Institute in Falls Church, Virginia. It is stated that more than 75% of the 1,400 quick service restaurant (QSR) operators surveyed expect their food service packaging...
- Packaging manufacturers cautiously optimistic about 2009, report says. // Nation's Restaurant News;4/20/2009, Vol. 43 Issue 14, p34
The article reports that the annual Foodservice Packaging Industry Survey published by the Foodservice Packaging Institute reveals that manufacturers of single-use foodservice packaging in North America seem to be cautiously optimistic about the industry's state. Results show that 42 % of...