Business as usual--and more
- Compass seeks equity buyer for SSP arm. Bill, Tom // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;2/16/2006, Vol. 196 Issue 4412, p9
The article reports that catering firm Compass Group has eliminated French caterer Elior, the final trade buyer from the competition to buy its SSP travel concession business. Dresdner Kleinwort Wasserstein analyst Karl Green said the decision to exclude trade buyers might be linked to a...
- The Patina Group: Embracing change. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;8/13/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 33, p75
Reports on the growth of The Patina Group's foodservice business since its acquisition by Compass Group PLC. Simultaneous opening of three restaurants in Anaheim, Canada; Expansion of the corporate duties of executive chef, Octavio Becerra; Access of the company to volume discounts from their...
- Morgan Library books RA for renewed dining room. Elan, Elissa // Nation's Restaurant News;6/26/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 26, p60
The article reports on the reopening of the Morgan Library and Museum in New York on April 29, 2006 after a three-year expansion and renovation. The changes include ravamping of the facilities dining areas which are run by Restaurant Associates Managed Services, a division of Charlotte, North...
- Compass snaps up school meals business. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;2/14/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4209, p5
Reports the sale of Castle Independent, the school meals subsidiary of contract caterer Castle View, to the Compass Group in February 2002. School meal contracts maintained by Castle Independent.
- Compass to sell Eurest, buy 3 Swissair divisions. // Nation's Restaurant News;7/23/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 30, p3
Reports the negotiation of Compass Group Plc for the sale of its Eurest Inflight foodservice division to Swissair in London, England. Plan of Compass to acquire foodservice subsidiaries of Swissair; Background of the food establishments.
- Granada checks out of hotels. Turner, Mimi // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;05/16/2000, Vol. 363 Issue 4, p10
Reports on Great Britain-based media company Granada PLC's plan to sell its hotels and catering business operations to Compass Group as of May 16, 2000. Granada's plan to focus on its media operations; Details of the purchase deal.
- MGMT. REMAINS INTACT: Motorola's Food Works joins Compass ranks under Eurest. // FoodService Director;10/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p1
Reports on the food service agreement between Motorola Inc. and the Compass Group. Reason behind the decision of Motorola to divest its Food Works unit; Terms of the agreement; Plans of the Compass Group for the food service unit.
- Divesting for success with pre-sale due diligence. Kelly, Shaun T. // NACD Directorship;Mar2003, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p12
Discusses keys to successful corporate divestiture. Importance of conducting appropriate pre-sale due diligence; Preparation for the sale; Need to identify potential buyers.
- Managements' Views on Voluntary Sell-Offs. Baker, H. Kent; Benjamin, John D.; Kuehl, Kristin; Verdon, Amy A. // Journal of Economics & Finance;1996 Supplement, Vol. 20, p3
Examines the reasons for voluntary sell-offs undertaken by U.S. companies in the early 1990s. Removal of non-strategic assets; Raise of funds primarily for debt reduction; Focus on the firm's core business; Importance placed by financially weak firms on raising funds and improving their cash flow.