TORTILLAS GARNERING A LOT OF BREAD
- Majority of Hispanic consumers show little interest in low carb. // Drug Store News;6/21/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p84
Reports that majority of Hispanic consumers show little interest in low-carbohydrate diet. Representation of diverse backgrounds by Hispanic consumers; Impact of tradition and heritage on lifestyle; Response of Hispanic consumers to sale prices.
- On the Rise. Pennington, April Y. // Entrepreneur;Jul2005, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p30
Reports on comeback of the bread industry with the declining popularity of low-carbohydrate diet in the United States. Efforts of Wendy Born and James Barrett, owners of the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania-based Metropolitan Bakery, in educating their customers about the differences between whole...
- Atkins diet: high profits for some, losses for others. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;January 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p61
Looks into the impact of low-carbohydrate Atkins regime on the bread industry in the U.S. Move of the industry to hold a crisis meeting to discuss the decline in sales due to rising interest of Americans in the Atkins regime; Suffering of high carbohydrate staples of losses due to the rising...
- CPGs need more than low-carb claim to stay relevant in diet-conscious era. Kirsche, Michelle L. // Drug Store News;3/7/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p31
Presents a sales forecasting for low-carbohydrate products in the U.S. Projected number of people to began a low-carbohydrate diet; Indication for a decline in the demand for low-carbohydrate products; Plan of Atkins to roll out a new packaging for its products to continue to attract dieters.
- Atkins diet: high profits for some, losses for others. // MarketWatch: Food;January 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p12
Reports that the U.S. bread industry will hold a crisis summit to discuss the fall in sales due to rising interest in protein-rich, low carbohydrate food products such Atkins. Bakery products as the most likely to be eliminated when dieting, according to an eDiets-Datamonitor survey; Business...
- Low-Carb Grows. Roybal, Joe // BEEF;Feb2004, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p57
Looks at the impact of the increasing popularity of low-carbohydrates, high-protein diets on the food trade in the U.S. Efforts of food companies to increase such fare to their retail offerings; Decrease of consumption of bread and pasta; Expected total sales of low-carbohydrate products; Fast...
- Panera Bread Co.'s 'dough' rises 30 percent in 4th Q of '03. Lockyer, Sarah E. // Nation's Restaurant News;3/1/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p11
Reports the financial performance of Panera Bread Co. for the fourth quarter of 2003 in the United States. Increase in net income; Sales performance; Popularity of low-carbohydrate diets.
- CARB GAMES. Potwora, Judith // Entrepreneur;Oct2004, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p42
Reports that high-carb food sellers in the United States are striking back with a new strategy in the low-carb wars. American Bakers Association and the North American Millers' Association to launch a public relations campaign with the claim that bread is essential; Observation that health-food...
- Italian-American. Serafin, Tatiana; Stone, Andy // Forbes Global;7/4/2005, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p91
Highlights an article which featured pasta and breadmaker Barilla published in the November 2002 issue of the "Forbes Global" magazine. Effects of the emergence of low carbohydrate diets on the market share of Barilla; Information on the Barilla Plus legume-infused pasta; Projected sales...