Alabama Closes First GO Zone Deal, for Best Western
- Agencies Assign High Ratings To California's $11B Raw Deal. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;6/6/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31651, p1
California's upcoming $11 billion revenue anticipation warrant sale was assigned a preliminary SP-1 rating by Standard & Poor's Corp. in the week ending June 6, 2003. State Controller Steve Westly said that with these ratings he expects the one-year debt to sell at an interest rate below...
- Grapevine, Tex., Utility System Bumped Up to A-Plus By S&P. Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;5/3/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32621, p6
No abstract available.
- Summit Co., Utah, Revs Raised to AA-Minus by S&P. // Bond Buyer;4/5/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32354, p2
The article reports on the increase of the rating given by Standard &x0026; Poor to its rating in Summit County, Utah's sales tax revenue bonds to AA minus from A-plus. The rating reflects a steady improvement in retail sales activity and in debt service coverage levels.
- S&P Gives AA to $800M of Illinois Insurance Fund Bonds. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/10/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31902, p36
Reports on the move of Standard & Poor's Rating Services to attach an AA rating to the upcoming sale of revenue bonds of Illinois. Recognition of the strength of the bonds; Sales of the bonds; Role of Bear, Stearns & Co. in the transaction.
- S&P Boosts $13.45B in N.Y. Tax-Backed Debt to Triple-A. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/17/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32322, p3
The article reports that the rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp. has improved the rating of New York personal income tax bonds. The factors behind the upgrade are the improvement of the state's economic and personal income tax revenue and the steady performance of the sales tax revenue stream....
- CALIFORNIA: SANDAG Gets S&P AAA. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;2/8/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32812, p9
The article reports on the upgraded rating assigned by Standard & Poor's Corp. on the sales tax bonds of San Diego County Regional Transportation Commission in California. The credit bureau revised the rating to AAA from AA, reflecting the commission's very strong debt service coverage and its...
- Road Test for New Jersey. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;7/21/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31681, p1
Reports that New Jersey state will start selling bonds from July 22, 2003 to finance its transportation capital program. Total worth of bonds to be sold by New Jersey; Information on the ratings given to the state by rating agencies; Views of rating agency Standard & Poor Corp.'s analyst...
- Just Before $132M Issue, University of Cincinnati Is Downgraded by S&P. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/11/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31590, p3
Reports on downgrade in ratings of multimillion dollar debt that includes short-term notes and long-term new-money and refunding bonds issued by the University of Cincinnati in Cincinnati, Ohio by Standard & Poor's Corp. Reason for downgrade in bond ratings; Possible issuance of several other...
- S&P: Baltimore Deal on the Investment-Grade Fence. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;1/20/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32302, p30
The article reports on the ratings given by Standard & Poor's Corp. for Baltimore's upcoming sale of tax-exempt revenue bonds in Maryland. The proceeds of the sale will be used to finance construction of a new 752-room Hilton convention hotel. The largest series of the sale was rated BBB-minus....