Texas School District Deal Leads Region
- Philly School Bonds. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/4/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32103, p39
Reports on the four bond deals of the Philadelphia School District in Pennsylvania. Value of the deals; Terms and conditions; Schedule on the sale of tax and revenue notes.
- Alabama schools: State's $350 million is not enough to meet capital needs. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;05/15/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30394, p33
Discusses the inadequacy of the $350 million of state debt headed for Alabama's school districts. Call for additional local bonds to manage enrollment growth and pay for repair needs; Impact of restrictions on how the bond proceeds are spent; Local school bond issuance in Alabama from 1993 to...
- Frisco, Tex., Schools Looking at Possible $1.2B Bond Plan. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/3/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32312, p4
The article reports on a May 2006 referendum that will approve Frisco Independent School District in Texas' $1.2 billion general obligation (GO) bond. The bond is designed to help the state's urban school district to finance its modernization project. A bond committee composed of citizens and...
- Round Rock Redux. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/3/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32290, p23
The article reports on the consideration of officials from Round Rock Independent School district of issuing a bond question in Austin, Texas. Officials claimed that the school district desperately need the money to finance new schools. They are in the process of determining the needs of the...
- Colorado School Districts Likely to Ask for Over $1B of GOs on Election Day. // Bond Buyer;8/19/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31951, p36
Reports on the likely request for general obligation bond authorizations by the school districts in Colorado. Solicitation of budget for the remodeling of school buildings; Observation of the school bond issuance; Commitment of the school district to a bond referendums.
- Albuquerque Votes Today on New Mexico's Biggest School Bond. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/19/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32469, p36
The article reports that voters will determine whether the bond proposal of the Albuquerque Municipal School District No.12 be given authorization in New Mexico. The proposal includes the sale of $351 million in general obligation bonds to build new schools to serve a growing population. It is...
- Frisco ISD's $798M Win Headlines Texas Bond Elections. Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;5/16/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32382, p32
The article reports that the Frisco Independent School District has approved a plan to issue general obligation debt in Frisco, Texas. The Frisco bond package marks the largest ever approved bond for a suburban district. Proceeds from the debt will finance projects aimed at accommodating a...
- Two School Districts in Nevada May Seek Large Bond Packages. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;12/14/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32774, p8
The article reports that the Clark County School District and the Washoe County School District are contemplating a large bond package in Nevada. Voters will be asked to approve a rollover of the tax rate to back the multi-billion dollar bonds. The bond package is aimed at financing the...
- District to host public forums on bond proposal. // Free Press (Buda, TX);1/22/2014, Vol. 115 Issue 43, p3B
The article reports that board members of the Hays Consolidated Independent School District (CISD) in Texas accepted the recommendation of the Hays CISD Growth Impact Committee to pursue a school bond initiative for the May 10. 2014 election.